Colours for a car

musicegbdf

Reaction score
Ok we all know this is subjective. There was a fair amount of debate on a recent thread about Ibis white. There was split opinons. It got me thinking. It is strange but certain colours go with certain cars.
My opinion for white is looks good on A1, and A3, starting to look wrong on an A4 and anything bigger is very wrong. A TT ..well these seem to look better in a grey metalic , white works OK , but the metalics do look better.
A Ferrari .. anything other than red does not work. Again know it is subjective , but interesting none the less and as we have seen already something people can get passionate over

i like my grey a3 and my black s3 if i had my pick again monza silver or id shell out for sepang blue

Ok we all know this is subjective. There was a fair amount of debate on a recent thread about Ibis white. There was split opinons. It got me thinking. It is strange but certain colours go with certain cars.
My opinion for white is looks good on A1, and A3, starting to look wrong on an A4 and anything bigger is very wrong. A TT ..well these seem to look better in a grey metalic , white works OK , but the metalics do look better.
A Ferrari .. anything other than red does not work. Again know it is subjective , but interesting none the less and as we have seen already something people can get passionate over

considering i was involved in the "discussion" you're referring to, i'm keeping shtum.

the only thing i will say is that i think it varies from car to car.

the only thing i will say is that i think it varies from car to car.

That is my point. Would be interesting what we think about other cars. Lava Grey is nice and comes close to a good colour , but I like it a bit more "gun metal".
Has anyone else noticed the latest fashion for flat matt colours on some new cars...Different.. but not my cup of tea.
My main worry with Ibis white is that I live in essex and it may be a bit Chavvy...

matt grey looks awesome on a lambo. other than that i'm not really a fan

In my opinion White only looks good when there's a mild aggressive look with the car. E.g. S3, R8, etc.
Black is pretty much universal for any car, Same goes for Grey.
I've not seen sepang blue look good on any other car than an S3 to be honest.

My 2p :)

Purple is the best Audi colour by far!!!

velvet_purple_r8.jpg

Saw an S3 in this the other day and it was GORGEOUS

Only Black looks very elegant :p

This is my fourth car black :rockwoot::o.k:

Mine in order...

Suzuka Grey, Ibis White, Sepang Blue, Meteor Grey (the only reason Phantom aint on there is cause ive got it and wouldnt have it again!!)

I saw one in my area a 2010 A3 in Meteor Grey, and it looked really nice with the OEM DRL Headlamp fitted. Couldn't find one on the net but it's something like this:

P4100069.jpg

In the sunset, it gave somewhat a very dark/lurky and panther effect while I was looking at it. Maybe I just fancy a change in color but I do like my Phantom Black A3 though. :p

I saw one in my area a 2010 A3 in Meteor Grey, and it looked really nice with the OEM DRL Headlamp fitted. Couldn't find one on the net but it's something like this:

In the sunset, it gave somewhat a very dark/lurky and panther effect while I was looking at it. Maybe I just fancy a change in color but I do like my Phantom Black A3 though. :p

decked's S3 is Meteor and its one of my favourite S3's in existance...

I'd like to have one for the Sportback and in 19" CK's though. I still wonder why our dealer here could not bring in the S3 while there's bunch of Golf R's around here. *shrugs*

I personally think the Ibis White looks good on the BE because of the black detailing and tinted windows. A work colleague has a Ibis S-Line and without the tints, dark wheels and black grille it doesn't look as good.

To be honest though, I wish I'd gone for the standard red - less common and looks good on A3. Mine's being built this week so too late to change now...

My first black car - 1983 Rabbit GTI (in usa - brilliant black)
My second black car - 1985 Porsche 928s
then
saab 900 turbo (us) black
audi 5000s (us) black
911 turbo (us) black
2001 s4 (the bi-turbo chipped baby) b black
The last black car - 2007 rs4 b black
So instead of going silver, I now have an s3 in b black

Having said that, I'll probably never buy a black car again (love them but they're a pain in the ****)

My first black car - 1983 Rabbit GTI (in usa - brilliant black)
My second black car - 1985 Porsche 928s
then
saab 900 turbo (us) black
audi 5000s (us) black
911 turbo (us) black
2001 s4 (the bi-turbo chipped baby) b black
The last black car - 2007 rs4 b black
So instead of going silver, I now have an s3 in b black

Having said that, I'll probably never buy a black car again (love them but they're a pain in the ****)

Now thats a pretty good history of cars!!! Especially the rs4 love them!!!!

Just about to order a Sport A3 and cannot decide on Red (which i have and looks brill) or everybody (daughters) tells me have a White un ?????????????? decisions, decisions,

Shall i go for Red again ???????????

Or should i try White ??????????

Dont like Silver or Black and i tried a Dolphin Grey a few years back.

Just about to order a Sport A3 and cannot decide on Red (which i have and looks brill) or everybody (daughters) tells me have a White un ?????????????? decisions, decisions,

In my opinion both are nice. The only thing with white is there is alot about but then that is for good reason they really stand out!!

Personally I would go red with Xenons and DRL looks really nice!!!

But now I've just noticed uve had red so definitely go for White have something different!!!

We go for Black then Black then Black again..... the best colour for Audi's Whites and Reds are not mainstream Audi colours in my opinion and are very 'VAuxhall' !

Just done it !!!!!! Dont know what happened to the Sport but ended up with an Ibis White SLine

Hi mate, if its a new one you have ordered, please could you just let us know how you got on. Theres a thread about ordering a new car, and people having a few difficulties!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/105630-audi-dealer-wont-discount-a3.html

:icon_thumright:

Certainly had to do some shopping about before i got something sensible. Phoned and visited every dealer in the area (about 8 of them)
ended with 10% discount on ROTR price and above trade on mine. So prepared to change at that just for the ease of drop one off and pick one up, sold privately i would of got more for mine but its hassle i can do without now. The offers changed by more than 2K so its definately worth a few hours of your time.
One thing i did learn this time was if the salesman goes all around the houses and waffles alot you may as well get up and walk away cos he's going to offer you a bad bad deal.

I signed within 30 minutes of sitting down with the Salesman.

Shop around feller they dont all insult your intelligence.

Contemplated Drive the Deal myself but did not fancy the private selling of mine and also no door to knock on if things go wrong but the prices were brill.

Certainly had to do some shopping about before i got something sensible. Phoned and visited every dealer in the area (about 8 of them)
ended with 10% discount on ROTR price and above trade on mine. So prepared to change at that just for the ease of drop one off and pick one up, sold privately i would of got more for mine but its hassle i can do without now. The offers changed by more than 2K so its definately worth a few hours of your time.
One thing i did learn this time was if the salesman goes all around the houses and waffles alot you may as well get up and walk away cos he's going to offer you a bad bad deal.

I signed within 30 minutes of sitting down with the Salesman.

Shop around feller they dont all insult your intelligence.

Contemplated Drive the Deal myself but did not fancy the private selling of mine and also no door to knock on if things go wrong but the prices were brill.

Thanks to A3Sport for asking this - beat me to it!

Just a question, I notice you live in south Cheshire. I'm having an issue and the lowest I have been quoted is £20,600. I've been E-Mailing round and I have picked up a couple of interesting dealers who I may contact.

Do you know the dealer who you went to, as I will E-Mail them as well!

Thanks alot,