Cr@p Think Ive been caught speedin big time!

I picked up a DD40 5 years ago, it was a right pain in the ****

Well i have a clean license so far touch wood!! Dont know if thats been through luck or what though! After saying this i bet i will have points next week...lol

If you get caught speeding in the UK with a foreign EU driving license, can the UK courts put points on it or just fine you?

I watched an item on (German) TV a few weeks ago, German driving licenses are a pain in the *** to do so Germans were going to Poland to do their driving test and getting a Polish license for about a third of the cost, I have UK and DE licenses but Ive never been pulled over to test this theory..... *touch wood*

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
James M said:
I know one way of getting out of it was to say it was a company car and you didn't know who was driving it at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm you can't do this anymore.
1. If it isn't a company car then they'll know it from the Swansea check
2. If it is a company car they will do the registered driver regardless of who was driving, unless you grass up the actual driver. If the company won't give them this info then I believe they can prosecute the directors. Ignorance is not a defence.

Once again guilty until proven innocent. It just amazes me that our wonderful judicial system seems quite happy to blatantly flaunt the "innocent till proven guilty" premise for UK law when it comes to traffic offences, (you're guilty by association), when the same seemingly circumstantial evidence cannot be used to prosecute car thieves).

I love the quote they use when talking about accidents "which experts say are caused by speeding vehicles"
Ummm that's sooo convincing, I'll believe anything that an unnamed, unreferenced "expert" tells me. Funny how every other expert in this field (like TRRL) found that speeding was only a factor in less than 7% of serious accidents in the UK.
"Figures from Cumbria Police show that six people have died on the county's roads so far this year between the hours of 1am and 2am" ummm methinks alcohol may have had something to do with accidents at 2am in the morning.
This sort of blatant propaganda is really starting to p*ss me off. When are we going to see a proper report on TV using the TRRL findings on the utter b*llshit about speeding peddled by the government/tabloids.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
I love the quote they use when talking about accidents "which experts say are caused by speeding vehicles"
Ummm that's sooo convincing, I'll believe anything that an unnamed, unreferenced "expert" tells me. Funny how every other expert in this field (like TRRL) found that speeding was only a factor in less than 7% of serious accidents in the UK.
"Figures from Cumbria Police show that six people have died on the county's roads so far this year between the hours of 1am and 2am" ummm methinks alcohol may have had something to do with accidents at 2am in the morning.
This sort of blatant propaganda is really starting to p*ss me off. When are we going to see a proper report on TV using the TRRL findings on the utter b*llshit about speeding peddled by the government/tabloids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im with you dude. How come you have amassed 9PTS with a garage door opener and a RA? I have the same set up 'cept SLD920X garage opener and RA. Have you ever been done even though you laser jammer has been alerted? I suppose we can still get vascar'd and followed by unmarked cars etc?

Got done on a camera (Truvelo) then got zapped by a laser on a bridge over the M3. This was within about 8 weeks. So I then got the RA and laser jammer, so then got done on VASCAR by a white unmarked Merc on the A27.
Jammer and RA have worked perfectly up to now, just got them a bit late.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
Got done on a camera (Truvelo) then got zapped by a laser on a bridge over the M3. This was within about 8 weeks. So I then got the RA and laser jammer, so then got done on VASCAR by a white unmarked Merc on the A27.
Jammer and RA have worked perfectly up to now, just got them a bit late.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it, i got vascar'd then done by a mobile laser van. I wished i'd stumped up for the jammer earlier. What pi$$es me off the most though is how the insurance company ask if you have had any points in the last 5 yrs and ramp your insurance for this period though the points are only on your licence for 3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif!

Well looks like I may have escaped after all, though you can never tell if it will turn up late and what not so Im more relaxed now but keeping my fingres x'd still.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:
Well looks like I may have escaped after all, though you can never tell if it will turn up late and what not so Im more relaxed now but keeping my fingres x'd still.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not wanting to disappoint you, buy Xmas post is [censored]!, hope you're in the clear though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

What you doing on here JOJO thought you'd be monitoring the welcome newbie threads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

If you do receive it, phone the police and say to them that you wrote a letter to them back XXX ago reporting your car was stolen and you havent heard back from them yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CJ B6 2.0 said:
What you doing on here JOJO thought you'd be monitoring the welcome newbie threads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, isn't this the newbie forum?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Copyed this out the www.5ive-o.com web site basicly its run buy coppers/laywers etc this was posted by a copper regarding a guy askin question about him getting flashed by a van!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The NIP needs to be issued within 14 days of the offence, so you stand a good chance that you have got away with it providing that the car is registered in your name etc...

If the car isn't in your name then you could recieve the NIP at some point in the future, as it takes time to track down owners of cars which for example are registered to a lease company.

Crap!

2 month ban and £380 fine for 121mph on the m40

Some say i was hard done by some say i got off lightly,
either way im gutted.

Does anyone one know what a disqualification does to the insurance, like how much extra % will it go up?

Thanks for symapthy.

Wife told me that im a lucky b**tad seeing as she has to drive everywhere now, especially over chrimbo.

Im not sure whether thats a good thing though. On way back from court the mrs had to drive and she almost drove some poor woman off the road when she miss-timed an overtake...
and they banned me!

[ QUOTE ]
s4sh said:
2 month ban and £380 fine for 121mph on the m40

Some say i was hard done by some say i got off lightly,
either way im gutted.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO you were very lucky. A collegue of mine made the national and local papers for doing 100.5mph in a 70mph limit, got a £600fine + costs + 2months on the bus.

[ QUOTE ]
s4sh said:
Does anyone one know what a disqualification does to the insurance, like how much extra % will it go up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends what the conviction was. If you were charged with dangerous driving (unlikely given the short ban) or careless driving then the penalty is steep come insurance time. If you just got an SP whatever for speeding on the motorway, the increase will be less.

If im honest they could have given me a lot worse.

In my favour i had a clean license and I think by turning up to court wearing a suit and saying sorry and being generally apologetic i probably saved myself a few hundred quid and maybe a month or 2 extra ban.

2 months and a fine was without using the "I need the car for work" line or "family will suffer" excuse as well, so i think its probably possible to get points and a fine if your lucky.

I remember the plod trying to tell me i was gonna be charged with dangerous driving as he thought i was in a bog standard A4 (i have a debadged S), he said that the engine would have been screaming and the tyres were not designed for that speed.

Its when he started taking the car details that he realised it was an S4 with Goodyear F1s on, he then started asking me about the power/cost/driveability and seemed genuinely interested and impressed. I think if i had been in an A4 doing that speed i probably would have been in court for dangerous driving, instead he put the charge down as speeding.

You lot are making me feel reasonably ok, as I got caught speeding a couple of months back at around 115mph on a Dutch Motorway, they took my license for a brief period and I expect a 400 Euro fine, but that's all I doubt it will go to court.

Add to this I was caught just on Monday on my way back to the UK doing 85 in a 60 (MOtorway, 3 lanes!!) and only received a 90 quid fine....and had only just paid 300 quids worth of ifnes in the morning! On one hand I'm glad the Dutch can't give me points, but on the other hand it is pure money making that they are out for and they will do you for 3 mph over the limit!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So bear in mind it could be worse for you folks, as in 2.5 years of driving in The Netherlands I have accumalted about 1300 pounds worth of fines, where as in the 5 years of driving in the UK I only received one fine and 3 points. Whilst the fines are good it just pushes the police to go out for more and in fact set up a seperate government department to catch speeders!

That's incredibly lucky. I got a 12 month ban just for totting up (3 lots of 90+ on the motorway), although the last 3 points was 107 on the M3.
You really have to shop around on the insurance. Most companies won't even touch you (although this ridiculous attitude is changing as more and more dangerously unsafe drivers are losing their licences).
When I got my licence back I was told by some insurance companies that it would be cheaper if I'd been banned for drink driving!
My policy doubled (on a Mk3 GTi at the time), went from £700 to £1350, and that was easily the best quote available (I spent 2 whole days ringing round). Some wanted £3.5k!
I don't know how they'll view the offence though as 121mph could be considered "dangerous driving". You should be in a better position than I was anyway as a totting up ban is considered persistant offending rather than a one off.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:

and they will do you for 3 mph over the limit!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

erm that speed ain't 3mph over the speed limit. maybe they'll just do you if you're doing ridiculous speeds? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ajmackie said:
[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:

and they will do you for 3 mph over the limit!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

erm that speed ain't 3mph over the speed limit. maybe they'll just do you if you're doing ridiculous speeds? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Afraid not, they really are this petty!! 5 km/h over any speed limit after corrections - Which even at 90 MPH is only 3 mph of correction given! - you will receive a fine, which is most likely only 12 or 15 quid, but still it's pathetic.