The S3 is gone...long live the S3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:
GT3 RS, definately fits the bill and @ £83K is expensive but again probably safe money.

Those seats look fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd kill for one...but no traction control, RWD, no rear seats...and living in the NE of Scotland, and with a small thing to transport...it's just a no-go, I'm afraid...

I like your thinking...but even I'll admit, the GT3 RS is just a litte too focussed to be used everyday.
Perhaps, just a shade too expensive too...

[ QUOTE ]
S3-Leon said:
Take a 996 Porsche Turbo for its 4wd, ditch the engine, mount a fully tuned RUF NA GT3 engine.
That 'll do the trick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely then, you'd be better going for a 996 C4S (like nervus) if you don't want the turbo motor?
The shape is also purer than the turbo, as it hasn't got those vulgar air intakes in the rear wings.
I like the sound of the RUF GT3 engine though...the standard GT3 engine is a thing of perfection with a note to die for...a tuned version must be incredible!

[ QUOTE ]
Stuart_A3_Turbo said:
Vauxhall Monaro?

[/ QUOTE ]

Top be perfectly blunt Stuart (as you'd expect me to be!) the word Vauxhall hardly conjours up timeless images of heritage and soul!
...and Holden even less so!

got "top marques" mag and loads of very very nice porka for £35k-40k if that's your budget

so what about the M3? or still too much BMW

BTW: I spotted an old LHD C2 cab for 15k for myself
I think I'll have a look at it

I could probably stretch the budget a bit more for the right car...
David paid me handsonly for the uber S3 and spares package...
I have my redundancy money...
I got a decent price for my left kidney on eBay...
Unfortunately there seems to be little call for small children in the chimney sweeping work these days...so I fear a GT3 RS is out og the question.

follow your dreams and buy the car that was on your wall as a kid :0

[ QUOTE ]
Gibbsy said:
What about the new Viper being released over here, i know it's american but has bags of grip, Clarkson loved it on top gear.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF you are going to considering an American 2-seater (which it appears you arnt) look into the C6 Corvett. It rivels the snake for about 30k less. If you want to make it faster lingnfelter makes a twin turbo flavor that is one of the (if not THE) fastest street cars in the world.

Well knowing what Ess_three is like I would suggest this fine example of an automobile...

Cars_Van.jpg

Van_House.jpg

Failing being able to strecth to that, how about one of these, seeing as the poor sole seems to have a penchant for Porche

73crs_2.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
dub16 said:
Cars_Van.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the beast!

[ QUOTE ]

Failing being able to strecth to that, how about one of these, seeing as the poor sole seems to have a penchant for Porche

73crs_2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd kill for an Iconic 2.7RS...

But, I'm confused by your comment...I don't believe I have a facination for porches...aren't they the things you add to your house at the front door?

I have no porch..

I don't believe porches handle well...or am I mistaken? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Perhaps Sir, you mean Porsches? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dub16 said:
Well knowing what Ess_three is like I would suggest this fine example of an automobile...

Cars_Van.jpg

Van_House.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! I suggest "Trotter" yellow might stick Martin.

There is a car that meets all of my requirements...
This car has been mentioned several times throughout this thread...

I fear the game is up....

I win! Its the one in your signature right?

Dunc

[ QUOTE ]
DuncS3 said:
I win! Its the one in your signature right?

Dunc

[/ QUOTE ]

For those of you who aren't so computer literate (or observant, DUNC!!) see here

Status
Not open for further replies.