Difference between A4/S4

TOPGUNTT

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking at getting either a A4 or S4, Apart from the the engine difference and running costs what else is there between the 2 cars?

Cheers, Bill.

Better seat's, big brakes,Full colour Dis,some come with sat nav/dvd,lower door blade's and grill's, bi xenon's, cuddly toy,different wheels..

Cuddly toy hey, That has sold it for me. Is there much size difference between the two? I'm guessing not.

INSURANCE and SERVICING COSTS!

Two very different cars - personally if your considering both, you should opt for a A4 - people go for S4 specifically because it is an S4 and they want an S4.

Join on a personal note - make sure the cuddly toy has been cared for - there are a few abused examples out there!

Also, are you looking to modify? If so there are more tuners out there for the 1.8T than there is for the S4 4.2

I currently drive a twin turbo supra, So i am not sure if the A4 will be enough for me? I suppose the only way i will know is to take them both for a drive.

Also, are you looking to modify? If so there are more tuners out there for the 1.8T than there is for the S4 4.2

No i'm not looking to modify, Hopefully those days are behind me.

That is what i a am afraid of, Spent a fortune on the Supra modifying so i want to try and get away from that. I am thinking if i get an S4 then i won't have too?

there is always some thing mate i stoped doing my cars up back when i was 25 got to my first audi at 36 and started playing again ;-) not much but still thought id past it but nope lol

Last edited:
Miltek do great exhaust systems for both models...................

Theres some great coilovers out there.....................

Lol

Seriously though, if I was in your position I would have an S4 or even a RS6 C5 (450BHP Standard)

Cheers for the replies guys, Don't make be go down the modifying route again lol Hadn't even thought about a RS6 C5? What king of price range are they?I do like this look of the S4, And i wouldn't be doing many miles as it won't be my daily driver. So i am just thinking when i do take it out it would be nice to have some power there.

Cheers for the replies guys, Don't make be go down the modifying route again lol Hadn't even thought about a RS6 C5? What king of price range are they?I do like this look of the S4, And i wouldn't be doing many miles as it won't be my daily driver. So i am just thinking when i do take it out it would be nice to have some power there.

The RS6's are priced from £12,000 upwards, although there may be cheaper ones at high mileage. The other car to look at as well is a B6 Audi RS4 - gorgeous cars, twin turbo, wide arches, and they can be got for £10,000 upwards. I saw a great one in black at GTi International this year that the guy had just paid £11k for