....another remap question, other modifications!

benny-g

Reaction score
Please dont crucify me for asking a questions about remapping.

What I'm wanting to know is do I want to be getting and little extras such as cone filter, maybe part of the exhaust etc before I get a stage one remap on my standard s3. As in is there anything that will help the remap produce more power over remapping the standard car for not much money?

At present I'm probably going to get R-Tech to do the remap as Ive heard a lot of good things about them, however if anyone can advise of places nearer to West Yorkshire it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

I would just change the air filter to a green cotton panel filter for a little added woosh and get a forge 007p if you don't want to spend to much, you'll be happy with that I'm sure...

Ben, consider yourself crucified !

Only joking, there are loads of questions that typically show up here time and time again. I will look at it in a positive way, in so far as you are re-stirring the debate and look I forrward to see if there are any new original ideas here.

Here's a suggestion, not sure if it's strictly speaking a performance enhancement, but you can change change most of the pipework to the silicon variety. with the increased power not sure if you might start getting problems with a pipe here and there.

Last edited:
3" Down pipe can be fitted with sports cat to increase the flow! also FMIC to keep temps low... the list is endless, think i would go with the 007 and the panel filter first!

Hi, Leggy, is this the panel filter you are talking about? baring in mind mine is an a3.. im taking this might give me a better sound..

thanks..

Yeah Ash, when I and others have changed the panel filter you definitely get a more noticeable woosh when the turbo comes in, I assume you would get a similar noise on the A3, but don't quote me on that :)

Thanks Leggy, thats a great help.. will most prob get one considering there quite cheap.. pretty much the only part of my car i havnt tackled really due to being told air filters dont make much difference..

cheers