Air bag light decided to come on ? Help please

fozworth

Reaction score
My air bag has stayed on after starting up any idears please

Yeah get it scanned to see which airbag is at fault, check the connections under the seats, but even if you find its this the airbag light will need removing with vagcom anyway.

If the airbag light is on does that mean there is a major fault or can I use vagcom to switch it off and it will then stay off . What can trigger the light usually ? Is it a potential major cost?

No disrespect & not being condescending, but how can anyone tell you if its a major fault over the internet with no logs, please little common sense mate.

As advised check connections under the seat as this is common & get it scanned, if its a connection loose, then refix & then use vcds to remove the fault which brings up the light, if not this then the light will remain until fault fixed, only way to turn of lights would be to tell the car it doesnt have airbags, but then if the car detects the airbag module still connected then it may still show an error.

Find the fault & fix it considering the importance of the item in question.

Fare comment,sorry I'm just frustrated as I seem to have a downward spiral of bad luck with mg cafe at the mo and each problem requires me to dip into my already empty pocket so I guess I was hoping that the problem isn't an expensive one and that other people on here might of had lights that had come on but were non expense fixers .but you'd right I need to get it checked to know for sure .might have to sell the car to pay for the fix though if I get another person taking the **** and charging me a arm and a leg .
Cheers

There are members on here that will scan the car for you for beer tokens as such, there's a link in my sig to check whose near you or I can sell you the tool to check the light, if you intend to stick with the VAG brands, then vcds, aka vagcom, would be the ideal company for the car & this will advise of the airbag fault reason, then you can post the logs on here mate & we can advise as much as possible as to the reason for the issue, which will then possibly allow you to resolve by yourself, thus saving a kings ransom.

Hi had a friend check my car for faults basically as the car has had a front shunt before I bought it and been repaired there were a few codes faults still there from the fix as they probably never cleared them. The front airbag sensors were one fault the abs module was another I think the airbag module came with a fault and finally there was a fault saying incorrect chassis number for ecu . As said the car works fine and no lights or warnings stay on after ignition check except the air bag one that came on the other day but now it's off and not coming back on. I have presure washed the under side of the engine to clean oil off to find a leek so weather water caused the fault and light to come on ? All I can do now is see if it comes on again I guess?

If you have all these airbag faults anyway, then you'd expect to have this come up, when posting the whole picture usually helps the advice given.

Yeh thanks mate . I think the guys who repaired the car didn't clear the fault codes generated by the accident . So with all the parts used etc I guess the car must have had a few new parts that have fused errors . Just hope the light doesn't come on now though at least if it does it should just bring up one fault . I hope anyway. Will keep u posted .