paint feels rough

bokoboy

Reaction score
hi guys the paintwork on my new audi feels rough to touch but its shiny and polished :confused: should it be smooth ?

Mine is nice and smooooth as i have just clayed and polished mine - if audi cant do it, that would be the next option....

yeah probably just needs cleaning properley, might have been sat gathering tree sap and stuff before you collected it.

cheers it not brand new but it just feels gritty cant understand how its got a good shine even after good wash and rinse

as its not a brand new car then it has got something like tree sap or something like that on the paint to good way to get it off is to clay bar it , it gets off paint contamination like tree sap overspray etc.. it takes a bit of time to do but the end result is awesome its worth doing for sure

how much would a garage charge to do that id be scared i made it worse :)

Thats what I thought a few years ago on a black type R full of swirls but you cant go wrong with a meg clay and spray...brings her back like glass and ready for a polish and wax.

get yourself on cleanyourcar.co.uk they have a guide you can use.
just make sure you break your clay in to several bits and don't use as a hole block

Buy a Meguiars smooth surface clay kit (or any other non abrasive clay). Lube a small part of your paint each time and clay. There is a detailing section in this forum, you can get useful info there if you want to post your question.