rear indicator change

stuhow3361

Reaction score
How do i get access to the offside rear light unit to change the bulb.When i took the panel off in the boot all i can see is the amplifier and sub.:confused:

if its a salon there is a screw in on the corner cover by a small round cap unscrew the one bolt and then the hole light comes off would think its the same for the avant

Yeh it is the same, just take the screw out and ease the light unit outwards from the car and then pull it backwards to release it. DON'T drop the screw......

its funny you say dont drop the screw the guy who had mine did just that and put in a normal screw iv had my car just over a year now and it must have been stuck some where in the spear wheel part as it turnd up 3 days ago lol

I looked at this today and am still confused.Is the screw in question the one under the plastic boot trim button and if it is how the hell do you get it out without it dropping inside the bodywork?

you just pull it off mate and it should not drop into the boddy it should come out its about 3inc long

You don't need to take the screw all the way out, you'll be able to tell when it's far enough out.

Thanks for the info guys,did the job this morning.I think the problem was the unit hadn't been off for so long, if at all, that it was very tight on the lugs.On a lighter note i didn't lose the screw but i did manage to push the trim button right the way through when i'd finished(the one i had just ordered from main dealer).Had to strip down half the boot to find the little ****** but with a long nose pliers and torch he's back where he belongs.