Help needed with Concert HU

Chr1sgsi

Reaction score
A couple of questions with my Concert head unit in my A3 SE 1999 T plate.

1. It is the cassette version but can you attach a CD Changer to it.
2. In the boot there is the subwoofer behind the side panel. Above the subwoofer is a metal bracket.Is this where the Changer would go as the is also what looks like a 13 pin cable to plug the changer in to.

If this is the case which changer would I need to just plug in. Also is there any way of attaching my IPOD to this headunit. Thanks

Any Audi changer with 13 pin connector, plenty on ebay, or some 3rd party changers but you need an adapter. Yes the bracket above the sub is for the changer.
You can connect an iPOD through the changer port, but you need some electronics in between to fool the HU into thinking a changer is attached. Connects2 is the cheapest option, or for more features then xcarlink

Any Audi changer with 13 pin connector, plenty on ebay, or some 3rd party changers but you need an adapter. Yes the bracket above the sub is for the changer.
You can connect an iPOD through the changer port, but you need some electronics in between to fool the HU into thinking a changer is attached. Connects2 is the cheapest option, or for more features then xcarlink

Thanks for that. Can you connect a CD Changer and an IPOD or is it one or the other.

Thanks for that. Can you connect a CD Changer and an IPOD or is it one or the other.

It's only one or the other with the Concert head rather than both.