3.0 LPG Conversion?

j1sgo

Reaction score
Has anyone on here had a gas conversion on their 3.0 v6 petrol, i have now been running mine for 2 weeks and although i knew it wasnt going to be great on fuel it has still suprised me
bigeyes.gif
, now thinking gas may be the long term solution?

Just calculated my last tankfull from 260 miles 53litres (very little foot down action local say 200 miles motorway say 60 miles) to be 22.3 MPG :0

Just looked at an LPG conversion for £1,100.00, with the figures above i dont think it would take very long to get my money back then after that half price fuel
smile.gif
(for me in fact less than 8 months to cover cost)

Steve

Yeah but Steve, how long before Gas price catches rest mate, the goverment are ***** like this aswell as fuel suppliers, as soon as the demand goes up so does the price, cant win unless we walk everywhere.

Ive mine done and had the car for around 2 weeks.

First time i filled up was £27, got 45 litres and travelled 245 miles.

Second time i filled up was £35, got 60 litres and currently am on 240 miles. Hoping to get near 300.

My last car was an E39 530d and was putting a full tank in a week at £90 so made the decision to go LPG.

LPG is currently at 60p and the Government has stated it will give 3 years notice before the duty will be increased so no worries there. But in reality, i think itll always stay at half the price or petrol or diesel...