Knock/rattling problem solving day tomoz!

Jonezy87

Reaction score
Right I've got the day off tomoz, and as I have some very annoying knocks and rattles going to try and find them!

Wondered if you guys maybe able to give me some pointers where to look!

1. Annoying more of a squeaking sound coming from offside rear, whilst driving slowish over uneven roads.

2.knocking/rattling coming from both sides front wheel/suspension area. Again whilst driving over uneven roads.

Any help will be appreciated as you would nit believe how much it's beginning to wind me up!!:think:

Mines the same, i know my heat sheild on the cat is slighty loose, which i'll sort out, but im thinking lower wishbone arms ?

i had the same prob could here knocking under my car it was the engine mount so i fitted the Front Engine Mount Dog Bone by powerflex sorted the prob right out plus gear change is alot smother i am well pleased

front could be bottom ball joint on the hub but then again it could be another 10+ otherthings the trick is to try and replicate it with the wheels in the air and shake it like a nutter!! been careful the car does not fall on you of course;)

Last edited:
could be loads of things, i had the knocking from both front sides when going over bumps or uneven roads and it was the drop links/anti roll bar links

best bet is to get it checked or be certain before replacing everything

See if I can resurrect this thread, now that cars are older there should be some more rattles and knocks.

I've changed the front wishbone and front arb bushes. Replaced track rod ends, replaced dog link, new top mounts (all oem) thought the poly would be too harsh for the lumpy W.Yorks roads. What would be needy on the list to cure general rattles and knock?