VagCom Issue

gaz71

1.8T Quattro Sport AJL
Reaction score
Hi,

When trying to run VagCom 409.1 on my netbook I keep getting the error message 'No Response From Controller'.
This message only occurs when trying to run this on my netbook (XP), if I use my other laptop (Win7)it works fine.

I would rather use the netbook as the laptop is a huge f-ing thing and only just fits on the seat (17" widescreen)

Any ideas????

I would imagine you need to select the correct com port.

When you attach the USB dongle, windows allocates a com port to it. If you open the device manager you should be able to see which com port its allocated, and ensure it matches the setting in vagcom. Vagcom can only access com 1-4, so if windows has given it a higher number you'll need to change it.

Checked and tried all comports from 1 to 4. Still no joy :(

Looks like I'm going to have to keep lugging the huge laptop until I can figure this out.

What com port is the interface using in the device manager?

Mine sometimes allocates it a stupid port, like Com9 or something, and you need to go into the device settings and change it to a number between 1 and 4.

What com port is the interface using in the device manager?

Mine sometimes allocates it a stupid port, like Com9 or something, and you need to go into the device settings and change it to a number between 1 and 4.

Depending on which USB port I plug it in to it's either 3 or 4 so it's allocating o.k just being a pain in the backside.

If its running Vista or 7 then make sure you start vagcom as administrator?

As mentioned previously, it is running XP hence my head hurting trying to figure out what's wrong

I think I may have worked out what is wrong - after testing the Com Port OK I am clicking on SAVE but I do not think that it is saving the configuration.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to sort this out :banghead:

Any ideas :confused: