SPORT V S LINE

@ Quattrojames, the book that comes with the car in the leather pouch in glovebox.
this book contains loads of codes that represent the extras your car has.
and the code for the model in my book says S-line.

The codes from the data sticker in the front? Convereted using Igorweb?

Would indicate to me that's not the original book, have you cross referenced it with the one in the spare wheel well? Does everything else add up?

as above its prob a ebay replacement
100% the 2003 163 was se or sport yours sounds like the sport
look on the V5
id run a check on your reg for you but its not gona be a s-line

Don't get me wrong, I bought it off a mate,he said it's a sport,I think it's a sport.
I'm not hoping it's an S-line. Just wondering why something's on it say S-line.
Book is legit, vin number on it stamped by local Audi, services all stamped by Audi.

Strange one, must be a mistake.

What is the code and where did you translate it?

Strange alright James.
I used a decoder thats on here somewhere.
I'll stick up the codes here during the weekend.
By the way, what's a V5?
I'm in Ireland, not familiar with that.

3cb46b93.jpg

These are my codes.
It's the first one (E4J) that says S-line.
Oddly, I saw the exact same car as mine for sale this morning.
It also had just 2 S-line badges on back doors and S-line kick plates on the sills.
Strange that has exactly the same S-line badges as mine.

Indeed it does, I just tried it (not that I doubted you ;) ) and it does indeed say S-Line...

I have no explanation for that at all.

I'm a bit stumped myself James.
I'm almost sure the S-line badges are factory fitted unless the Audi salesman put them on himself.
My mate that owned the car before me was amazed when he saw the votex bumper and S-line grill badge that I fitted after buying the car.
So he wouldn't have a clue about retro fitting anything.
And the fact that I've seen the exact same car today for sale.
Oh yeah, the registration form only says Audi A4 1.8t 163bhp

Funnily enough I saw an 03 saloon today, looked bog standard in every respect, yet had S-Line badges on the rear doors...

I know that this thread is 2 years old, but I hope this will not be a problem...

BEX are not all S-line, mine is BEX from Italy and it's not S-line... in Slovenia we have 9 BEX's (for them I know) - only one is full S-line and two are interior S-line..

S-line didn't have S-line badge on front, badge's are only on rear door's...

I don't think anyone said all BEX are S-Line? All S-Line are BEX, but that's a different thing ;)

This thread refers to UK spec, I fully expect continental models to be different, steering wheels on the wrong side for a start!

Here in the UK Front wheel drive cars also get S-Line badge on the boot but not on the Quattro.

USA never got the S-Line or 180bhp BEX engine, but they did get the body kit on some models but not the S-Line trim.