Hi all, Another n00b...

Curt

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just thought I'd say hi, bought a 8L A3 1.8T yesterday, loving it so far!

Haven't got any decent pics to put up just yet, but will try and get some tomorrow. Needs a few little niggles sorting out, mostly cosmetic, but it drives brilliant and that's what matters to me. I'll be sorting it out in due course though, first up is a full service and coolant flush, as I don't think the last owner used G12....

Although this is my first Audi, I'm a die hard VAG fan and have had lots of Golf's, currently a Mk1 GTi Cabrio project.

Anyway, looks like a great and very useful site, I'm off to browse for some info!

Cheers,
Curt.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Welcome Curt!

What colour have you gone for?

I had an 8L A3 1.8 Sport and then moved onto the 1.8T Sport. Was a great little car. Both models were Ming Blue. :)

Look forward to the pics. (also some of that Mk1 ;) )

Cheers fella.

I'm not sure to be honest what colour I've gone for! It's a darkish Blue/purple..... I'll find the code at some point, I've got to buy some paint anyway.

I love the way it drives/goes, a lot better than my previous car (306 deseasel) that's for sure!

I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow, gave it a wash earlier today but it was too dark for photos unfortunately.

darkish blue/purple, lol - that's the same as my old! (I'm sure it's 'Ming' blue...)

DSC06437.jpg

That's the one! Looked nice that mate ^^.

Right here it is, better late than never:

P1010725.jpg

P1010746.jpg

P1010749.jpg

After a quick polish:
P1010765.jpg

P1010741.jpg

And the state it was in after I got it home, nice of them to wash it for me :rolleyes:.
P1010714.jpg

C&C welcome, I know it's standard and therefore pretty un-interesting but it won't stay that way for long ;) :)

Last edited:
Nice ****! ...I mean chicken! I mean.. BIRD! Nice poultry.

ah yes - thats the fella. not sure as though I like the front splitter thing? maybe it'd grow on me - first time ive seen that.

if you're ever in need of a spare turbo alloy, and, you're passing through Newark-On-Trent, give me a shout.. I have the set that were taken off my 1.8T that were replaced with the RS6 as seen above. Tyres are all shot and condition isn't great, but, if you want and can collect, they're yours.

Haha, they're a pain in the ****, always in the way.

It's an optional Audi bodykit which is apparently quite rare - I think I like it. Although they need respraying at some point so if a S3 one happens to pop up in between then it may get changed! Can't remember the name right now, but I know it's something I can't pronounce...

Okay mate I'll bare that in mind, thanks very much.

Edit: The bodykit is called/by Projectwzo I think?

Last edited: