Newbie looking for an S3

Rasher

Reaction score
:sm4:Hi I have around 10k to spend on an S3, would I be looking at 2002/3 model.Would obvously want the lowest mileaged example as I could get as it will be a daily driver.
Any advice on what to look out for would be very much appreciated.
Looked in all the usual places pistonheads, autotrader is there anywhere else I could look

thanks in advance:sm4:

Welcome to ASN. Look in the A3/S3 8P section. The members there will gladly help you out.

Cheers

Its hard to price an S3 with all the differant specs (Heated leather, Sat nav, Sunroof etc..) But you would want to get the facelift (Year 2001+) as your spending 10k you would want to get the most out of it.
Not much to look out for in particular but best to spend the £10-£15 getting it HPI cheaked.
Look for smoke, Make sure that the car warms up properly and sits at 90c or just below wast driving. Service history and all the usuall things you would look for. A3/S3 chassis are prone to the windows playing up so make sure you try everything like the seats, windows and anything else thats electricly operated.
I spent 6-8 months looking for the perfect S3 but the wait was more then worth it!
Hope this helps and wish you luck.

tried getting in touch with the guy three times but have not received a phone call or e mail back - perhaps it is sold now??

just rang him and hes away on holiday untill a week monday, not sold yet mate im sure he will get in contact when hes back.

ps, its is a beautiful car!