Newbie S4 owner from Leeds

S4Steve

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm Steve and i'm from Leeds,West Yorkshire,i've just joined the forum after buying my first Audi, a '99 S4 which i'm thoroughly enjoying getting to know. I've come from a Toyota background having owned MR2's for the last ten years ,a mk2 turbo and for the last three years a mk3 roadster into which i installed a Lotus Exige engine. I have always admired the S4 and when i was offered a great price for the roadster i decided to make the move. Looking forward to learning all about the car and getting to know you guys.
Here are a few pictures of the new motor i took today.

Steve

Hi Steve, welcome to audi-sport.net. Thats a really nice car you got yourself. Have a look over in the a4 section. Fr local meets, click the link below. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Yorkshire & Humberside

Thanks , already nosing around the forum :)

Reactions: Sandra
My first plan for the car apart from the service i've carried out is improving the brakes, so this Friday i will be collecting a pair of Audi Q7 6pot calipers i've bought and awaiting delivery of a pair of Merc ML55 front discs and Delphi pads, i can then start collecting the smaller items together like bolts and spacers for the calipers and custom brake hoses. I will post pics as and when i get the parts.

Ey up, that looks like somewhere I deliver tyres too in rodley is that anywhere near hills auto next to the canal?

Finally got time to do the brake upgrade i've been planning, thanks for the advice regarding irwins i got on here, removed the rounded bolts a treat. Anyway here are some pictures of the conversion.

20130622_182543_zps1a9dc520.jpg

20130622_182558_zps3bf9bd0f.jpg

20130622_182547_zpsb986f34f.jpg

20130622_232837_zps1457c541.jpg

So far braking is vastly improved but i haven't used the brakes hard yet, instead i am allowing them to bed in for a few hundred miles first but i expect them to be fantastic.

Finally got time to do the brake upgrade i've been planning, thanks for the advice regarding irwins i got on here, removed the rounded bolts a treat. Anyway here are some pictures of the conversion.

20130622_182543_zps1a9dc520.jpg

20130622_182558_zps3bf9bd0f.jpg

20130622_182547_zpsb986f34f.jpg

20130622_232837_zps1457c541.jpg

So far braking is vastly improved but i haven't used the brakes hard yet, instead i am allowing them to bed in for a few hundred miles first but i expect them to be fantastic.

Well done, they look huge and enough to stop a bus! lol, cant believe I noticed where you were just by the surroundings (geek lol) anyway there's a Yorkshire meet this Sunday at the cow and calf Ilkley you should come along show those monsters off :) http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/yorksh...meet-5-part-1-cow-calf-rocks-cafe-ilkley.html

Thanks but not sure the car is upto standard just yet,need to re-align the front bumper and a few other jobs before i'd be happy to bring it to a meet.

Hi Steve, nice car - and excellent brake upgrade!

What Porche are they off of?

Thanks, they came from a Cayenne turbo S, there are two types, the 17z which are smaller and these which are the 18z ones. I originally was using Q7 calipers but the seller let me down, but Cayenne, Q7 and Toureg calipers are all the same.

Thanks but not sure the car is upto standard just yet,need to re-align the front bumper and a few other jobs before i'd be happy to bring it to a meet.

I understand, bit like me going to AITP last year with standard suspension :/ looked like a 4x4 next to all the other guys n gals motors lol (now have coilovers thankfully!)

AITP is on the 11th of August this year and only £8 advanced ticket price, if your ready then it's a good day out and the ticket covers all the occupants in the car :)

To be honest mate the car looks good for a meet :)

Thanks, speaking of suspension i've noticed a slight knocking from the nsr corner, traced it to a bust FK coilover so i've been looking at the Bilstein b12 pro kit as a replacement.