EM TuningChris Nott
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M3 to RS6

Reverse Gear

Status

M3 to RS6

Hello everybody, I have recently converted from an M3 to an RS6 and was that impressed I bought a cabriolet for the missus.

Some pics in my gallery if anybody's interested. (here)

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: M3 to RS6

we all hate you [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

beautiful cars mate - and a matching house too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

Cheers,

I bought the car from your neck of the woods, well pretty close anyway, Camerons Audi in Perth.

S3 Drift King!

Status

Nice cars, and welcome to the forum! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img]

Uber Post Whore

Status

Demon, i've got to tell you, i look great in a chaffueurs oniform, and i can drop you off any where once. But only once, and then you won't see me again (or the RS). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif[/img]

Uber Post Whore

Status

Oh, and welcome to the forum. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Cheers,

I bought the car from your neck of the woods, well pretty close anyway, Camerons Audi in Perth.

[/ QUOTE ]

i used cameron's for my service and they were excellent.
    maybe oneday i'll pick up my rs6 from them too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

oh and welcome to forum [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

welcome to the forum and lovely cars and house. i feel so poor all of a sudden.. :-(

Uber Post Whore

Status

We are poor, i haven't even got a car. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

welcome to the forum [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

nice pics [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img]

imported_Smudge973

Great choice of motors - Welcome !

Reverse Gear

Status

Thanks for the great welcome everybody.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Uber Post Whore

Status

Your welcome Demon. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

JUst an idea, but maybe worth editing your pics, so the number plates are blanked off. Too many idiots around who love to clone cars etc.

Reverse Gear

Status

As a matter of interest, the Wife's car should have been red to (almost) match mine, but after 8 weeks or more of waiting, 2 hours before we picked the car up, the sale's guy telephoned and said, the car is black. We also ordered 19" RS6 alloys, but they fitted the wrong tyres, so when the red one arrives, we have asked for new wheels and tyres again.

No problems with the Milltek exhaust either.

At least we get to keep the black one as it has been already registered for the missus.

Dealers, don't you just love them.

I know some of you will say the black one looks nice, yes it does, but I hate the swirl/scratch marks you get on black cars and they are a right pain to keep clean [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Your welcome Demon. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

JUst an idea, but maybe worth editing your pics, so the number plates are blanked off. Too many idiots around who love to clone cars etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers,

I only left them on to show the matching plates, I wasn't too sure whether to blank them off or not ?

I can't edit them now can I,

Uber Post Whore

Status

Not sure, maybe one of the mods can help???

Warmonger

Status

envy is a dangerous thing hahahaha

4th Gear

Status

greeting... two fantastic cars there my friend.

dont understand about the wheels? the pictures show the car already wearing rs6 alloys??

6th Gear

Status

Lovely cars mate! Cant wait till i win the lottery to have a nice house and motors like that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] Looks great all of it house ..cars.. you must be very content! Nice one [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img]

Uber Post Whore

Status

Your numbers are straight after mine, CJ. That is the order of things. And things to come, visa-ve and all that. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif[/img]

6th Gear

Status

I dont care whos they come after as long as they come up i'm happy with that mate! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Uber Post Whore

Status

Ok mate, mine come up on the Thunderball, your turn for a tenner now. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    you must be very content! Nice one [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The trouble with life, you always want more. After running the RS for a few weeks now, I want more power and like a lot of chaps, I would love a Ferrari (not for everyday use though).

I've got a huge huge mortgage though so I don't think anybody would like that, (no I didn't stutter) I dabble with property rentals in my spare time, but things are slow at the present, but as long as the rent keeps coming in, that pays for the house and toys. Speculate to accumulate...........whatever that means. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

dont understand about the wheels? the pictures show the car already wearing rs6 alloys??

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably didn't explain that very well, the car arrived in the wrong colour with the right wheels but the wrong tyres, when they re-fitted the new tyres, the wheels got damaged, so when the red one eventually turns up, the dealer is fitting a new set of wheels and tyres to compensate for messing us around. Does that make sense [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Both cars have the 19" RS6 wheels.

4th Gear

Status

ah makes sense.

so which one do you consider is actually the better car? i presume you have taken both out for a good drive!?

rs6 = more power but much heavier
    s4 = bit less power but probably more agile??

i think for my money i would have the s4 cab to be honest... looks great in black with cream leather

hmm..... maybe when im older..the s3 will have to do for now

Reverse Gear

Status

Well I'm an old git so I've got a head start on you.

The steering on the S4 is probably too light at parking speeds and takes some getting used to compared to the RS6. One is manual and the other an auto, so direct comparison there, although the S4 clutch and gearbox is better than my old M3.

The S4 is surprisingly agile compared to the Wife's old Volvo convertible, I have been pleasantly surprised. Performance like you say is better on the RS6, both cars weigh about the same, but one has around 100 more BHP

The S4 looks nice in black but it's a pain to keep clean, I've only ever owned one black car around 18 year's ago and vowed I would never own another one.

The RS6 suffers from understeer compared to the beemer, but I assume that's down to 4 wheel drive.

4th Gear

Status

ha the rs6 suffers from understeer cause its an audi!! and audi got it into their heads that they would make cars that understeer!!

a bit of tweeking i.e more front camber and it will be great

Uber Post Whore

Status

Demon, how would you like to trade one off your cars for 2, yes 2 teenagers.

Even the S4 at a push, but would prefer the RS.

Maybe 3 teenagers, thats my final offer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Demon, how would you like to trade one off your cars for 2, yes 2 teenagers.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are all girls [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

on second thoughts, my 2 teenage daughters are a pain in the butt
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

so no.

Uber Post Whore

Status

Well 2 girls, 1 boy all in their teens, and another girl who is 21.

And no, crap. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

ok Demon - so no teenagers..... what abut "our lass" - She's a very house proud wife and would absolutley love to be in your house...... Also if it doesn't cost her - I'm sure I can convince her - S4 OR RS6 as a trade - I'm easy to please......

BTW - Cars are absolute beauty's Mate

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img]

Uber Post Whore

Status

So what about Mrs Demon, or will she be moving in with Mr Hop. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    So what about Mrs Demon, or will she be moving in with Mr Hop. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang on TDI........the original deal was for one of the cars...... unless this is a recent photo from Demons night out with his missus

Uber Post Whore

Status

Huh, chicks dig the car, right. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Yep...... But if, as I implied, the photo is a picture of Demons wife........ I'll gladly accept his wife in trade as well as the S4 or RS6..... In fact, F cuk the car, feel free to palm the wife off..
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

anyway mate - we've been chatting and sorting out Demons swaps and trades - dont you think we best slow down and let Demon have a say....

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Uber Post Whore

Status

Nah. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif[/img]

Let the forum decide...

Uber Post Whore

Status

Ok, so i get the RS6, you get the S4 and his wife, he gets your wife, and all my kids, life is looking good.

And demon is booking 5 one-way tickets to Columbia. Ch-ching.

Whose up for his house, CJ?

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok, so i get the RS6, you get the S4 and his wife, he gets your wife, and all my kids, life is looking good.

And demon is booking 5 one-way tickets to Columbia. Ch-ching.

Whose up for his house, CJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

F Cuking Mint..... PMSL - as you say... Loooookkkinnn good so far [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast