New member and new to Audi's

pangsterA3

Reaction score
Website
www.paullynch.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
As per title really - new to the forum and new to Audi's! :)

My current car, which I picked up on Saturday is a 2002 Audi A3 1.8T Sport (8L/AUM engine) - pretty happy with it, FASH, very good spec and stock (apart from some HID lights that the PO fitted) - also I'm not sure what the name of the colour is Liquid Blue?/Ice Blue?/Crystal Blue?? - anyway here are some pictures (not the best as they're from the for dealer) - I'll get some better ones taken when I get a chance and the weather clears up:

EXTERIOR:

INTERIOR:

My last car was a 1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster which I bought completely stock 2 1/2 years ago - the wife and myself are now expecting our first baby in January so figured that I should get something a little more practical (although it was a hard decision) and I some how started feeling guilty about having thoughts of keeping it (good old reverse physiology by the wife!! LOL! as she was saying there wasn't a problem with me keeping it...) - anyway here's some pictures of it:

BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster (M52B28):

IMG_0186.jpg

Z3_medium.jpg

I had a journal on it (which you can read if so inclined): JOURNAL: 1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - BMW Forum|Bimmerforums.co.uk|No1 forum for BMWs|BMW Forums|BMW Tuning

My wife also saw the need to get something a little more practical (in comparison with her BMW Compact) - so we got her a Merc saloon:

Mercedes Benz C200K Avantgarde SE (W203):

Merc1.jpg

Merc2.jpg

Merc3.jpg

We've technically still got the E36 BMW Compact as well - although my sister is running around in that just now until her new BMW 3 series convertible arrives (should be end of November/beginning of December) and then I'll try and find a humane way of disposing of it! LOL!.

Other cars I've had in the recent past:

Volvo C70 T5 GT (so not entirely a stranger to FWD turbo cars! LOL!):
C70T5_1.jpg

C70T5_7.jpg

C70T5_4.jpg

Toyota MR2 MKII (3SGE):
MR2_5.jpg

MR2_2.jpg

MR2_4.jpg

MR2_3.jpg

Ford Fiesta XR2i (1.6 8v):
xr2i_2.jpg

Overall though it has to be said that I'm very happy with my choice of the A3. Initially I was looking to get an S3 - but the prices for them (*talking about decent ones*) are still VERY strong for what you get - I then started looking at A3 1.8T Quattros - but there are some proper dogs out there.. and then this 1.8T Sport cropped up and felt for the price and spec I was getting it was a bit of a no brainer. Got the train down to Burnley to pick it up and drove it back - great drive (even although the bulk of the miles were done in torrential rain!!). Got it booked in to get the cam belt, thermostat, water pump (metal impeller) and service done a week today. I'll then hopefully get a chance to give it a proper detail/clean at some point and will post some better pics.

Anyway - hopefully I've not bored anyone too much!! (already) - no doubt I'll have plenty of noob questions to ask whilst I go about learning all things Audi!! :)

Nice selection of motors there, thought I recognised that Z3! was on BF a relatively short while before making the switch to Audi

Your A3 looks in fantastic nick btw

Reactions: pangsterA3
Nice selection of motors there, thought I recognised that Z3! was on BF a relatively short while before making the switch to Audi

Your A3 looks in fantastic nick btw

thanks cloughy!!

all things considered the A3 isn't too bad - a few wee niggles you always get with second hand cars - but I'll get them ironed out (*hopefully*) LOL! :)