EM TuningBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Micro-Can issues

Hi all,

I paid the Ł200 for the Vag-Com cable (microcan) for my S3. And just like the Ł80 handheld scanner, it won't enter 15. Airbags module to search for the error codes that are causing my airbag light to stay on.

Have I just waisted my money, again, or can someone please give me some instructions on how to turn that light off.

I'm using 805.3 but have just downloaded the new beta software which, it seems, has been updated with the lates cars etc. And I'm hoping this will include my 2009 S3.

Am I doing something wrong though guys?

Andy
    S5
    Silver, black leather, AMI IPOD - HDD, SATNAV - PHONE, PARK PLUS, ETC ETC ETC

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    Hi all,

I paid the Ł200 for the Vag-Com cable (microcan) for my S3. And just like the Ł80 handheld scanner, it won't enter 15. Airbags module to search for the error codes that are causing my airbag light to stay on.

Have I just waisted my money, again, or can someone please give me some instructions on how to turn that light off.

I'm using 805.3 but have just downloaded the new beta software which, it seems, has been updated with the lates cars etc. And I'm hoping this will include my 2009 S3.

Am I doing something wrong though guys?

Andy

All sorted!!! The car is so new, that it was the 812 beta version i needed.
    Som much faster with all the systems as well, like an autoscan took half the time as with the 805.3.

I'm happy now
    S5

Just Looking

Status
    Nice work.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

S-LINE

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    All sorted!!! The car is so new, that it was the 812 beta version i needed.
    Som much faster with all the systems as well, like an autoscan took half the time as with the 805.3.

I'm happy now
    If you had seen earlier My post & replies!! you would have known the issues with newer cars that the beta sorts..
    I see you must actually now have the hex\can now re members with vagcom
    great bit of kit eh...

1st Gear

Status
    As you already noticed we do suggest the use of Beta 812 in combination with latest models (specifically those requiring the new UDS/ODX protocol for diagnostics). In this specific case the problem was that UDS/ODX support for the Micro-CAN hardware had not been enabled in Release 805 and therefor Beta 812 is mandatory.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    As you already noticed we do suggest the use of Beta 812 in combination with latest models (specifically those requiring the new UDS/ODX protocol for diagnostics). In this specific case the problem was that UDS/ODX support for the Micro-CAN hardware had not been enabled in Release 805 and therefor Beta 812 is mandatory.
    What he said
    S5

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Hi sebastian, no it's just the micro-can, but according to the rosstech website, that's the list of cars that it works on.

I was quite surprised too.

A
    S5