Vag Com key coding

wesley

Reaction score
Hello al,Ok i purchased a hex can usb lead a few weeks ago and have done most of the coding i needed to do on my own car but now a friend has asked me to help im out,basically when he bought his car second hand they only gave him a normal type key,not one with the buttons on for the alarm. If he was to get a spare key off ebay is it possible for me to programme it to suit his car, hence him being able to lock the doors via the remote?

bell me mate thats something i do know about.

You cant code the IMMO to the car without the stealers (safely) as its now coded 1/2 from germany with the vin & then finished at the dealers through link to germany, I meant info on how its done as I couldnt be ***** to type it all, he just wanted to setup the remote part for lock/unlock not be able to start the car I believe, remote syncing for lock/unlock can be done via vagcom.

Be warned any keys of ebay arent neccessarily able to be coded as immo chips from 05 onwards are once only programmeable, so at your risk.

When I say safely further up, I meant you can use an external key pro but you are risking copies being made which inturn could leave you with no car if you get me, stealers now dont see a single thing anymore for security, so they cant do if the links down to germany.

I got my SKC read by a company in leeds (volksworks).

Once you have this you can program key part yourself whenever you want with vag-com. Ive dont a couple for mine and its easy.

Also what car has your mate got? As i remember seeing some stuff on the 8L section saying that there was a part needed (possibly cental locking pump or something) which supports remote locking. But i think this may only be for 8l's which didnt have remote as standard. But even then i may be wrong... Theres loads of info on here

he has a 02 plate bora,just not got a remote key as the garage he bought it from lost it and just gave him a standard key!

he has a 02 plate bora,just not got a remote key as the garage he bought it from lost it and just gave him a standard key!

Wes me old cockle its gramps here, just check the remote for his car interms of frequency, make sure his car has remote option which should do easily being a Bora, then get a key of ebay & then use vagcom to setup the remote lock/unlock fella, if you need complete fob lock/unlock then its stealers for legit immo coding or key pro which I certainly dont advise, but you can easily do the locking side yourself matey.

Yep, if he had 2 keys he could have coded the new remote without vag com but doesnt look like it.

btw NHN why dont you recommend key pro?, im guessing this is a tool to read the skc, as there are other tools which read it too. something to do with the code getting out? stolen etc?

Yep, if he had 2 keys he could have coded the new remote without vag com but doesnt look like it.

btw NHN why dont you recommend key pro?, im guessing this is a tool to read the skc, as there are other tools which read it too. something to do with the code getting out? stolen etc?

Well I'm not a key pro but stands to reason if they can get the skc & code keys then there's nothing to say they cant do another key for your car & come along one day & drive it of no?? Yes its based on trust but on this one thing on my car I'd prefer to have a stealer do it very reluctantly of course

Yeah definalty understand what your saying and it is a trust/risk thing. But this would also require them to have a copy of your key. (which they could do if you asked them to code and cut your key). But you would surely just watch them do it.

The key is coded into the car so to steal a car with your skc they would have to open the car, and code their key to your car using any sort of interface then drive off.

Which is all possible. But If they would have to code their own key to your car while they are stealing it then they would be able to do it anyway as they can easily read the key.

Its swings and roundabouts but if anyone has a copy or even a picture of your key, and the tool to read the code they can steal the car. There are easier ways to steal a car.

Obviously audi have changed their system to the current one becuase they believe there is a threat.

my 2 cents (sorry for the waffle and if im not clear)

!Dont steal!

No ur not waffling, very clear & valid points but all they need to do is take a print of the key as you say & then code a fob & they're away, but yeah its just as easy to pull up with a lorry & lift it fella so fair points