VCDS will not connect with module 8 2001 a3 tdi

supersam84

Reaction score
Hi, I swapped the climate control module on my 2001 A3 TDI because the buttons were worn I put a second hand one in but it did not work I then put my old unit back in and that will now not work. I had it checked on VCDS and it will not connect with module 8 wich I have been told is the aircon unit.

Any help would be great :uhm:

have you made sure the plug is in right

Have you checked all the fuses sounds like you may have blown one. when you say it doesn't work has it got anything on the display ? .

Karl.

No nothing on display none of the buttons do anything only thing it does is illuminates the buttons when the headlights are turned on.

I have checked the fuses by the steering wheel are there anymore for the climate control?

I have checked and rechecked the plugs in the back the only thing is that I have noticed is that there are 5 plug sockets on the back of the panel but only 4 plugs coming from the car is this normal for a 8l A3?

im sure all plugs are used
check for the missing plug

Thats what I thought I have spent a lot of time looking for the missing plug and I just assumed it was not there. I will check for it again tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks for all the quick replys guys

Looking at Elsa Win looks to be 4 connectors that I can see that should be connected B ,C, D and F . The main power feeds are on connectors D pin 15 and C pin 4. The fuse numbers are fuse 5 a 7.5A one and fuse 25 a 25A one.
The power feed wires are black with a blue tracer.

Karl.

Cheers Karl. I will have another look at it when I get home.