using vcds on an audi 80 1992.

johnmandy

Reaction score
Can i use my vcds on my mates audi 80, 1992 model, will it show up faults like my audi a4 2007 model.
I KNOW I NEED A DIFFERENT CABLE, BUT JUST WANTED TO CHECK THE AUDI 80 IS CAPABLE OF GENERATING FAULT CODES VIA THE DIAGNOSTIC PLUG.

THANKS IN HAND.

JOHN

I have posted this topic in the classic car forum, it would probably be better posted here, so if the moderators want to remove the original, please go ahead, thanks.

If vcds doesnt try looking for a program call vw tool. I used vcds on a 92 mk3 golf and have used it on a old polo coupe.

Does the 92 80 have 1 or 2 ports & what version of vcds do you have?

Hi and thanks,

I have the latest version of vcds, purchased from gendan, its the cable thats causing me the issue, i currently have the hex-usb-can interface, it serves my purpose, but i think a new cable for the audi 80 will be in excess of £50, not really worth it for that.

john

If there are diagnostic capable modules in the Audi 80 - and I note that it is not listed in our supported vehicles - it will connect with a 2x2 adapter. I went searching our Ross-Tech records and I don't see the Audi 80 listed as supported platform. It will certainly not have modules like your '07 A4. The '07 A4 is loaded with diagnostic capable modules. In 1992, diagnostics were in their infancy, just being added to the cars. I beleive the earliest diagnostic capable Audi was a 1990 Audi 90..... What I can't seem to find is when the Audi 80 was fitted with diagnostics. Anybody out there know?

Thanks bruce,
problem now sorted, but never got to use my vcds, looks like it may not have helped in this case.

john