Remap boost levels - MTM

hatmeow

Turbo is the only way....
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a MTM remap in my 2.0TFSI A3. The torque is amazing and I feel very happy with it....until someone told me today that MTM's remap goes up to 1.8 bars with average boost at about 1.4-1.5 bars. He also told me that Revo peaks about at 1.5 bars and that Revo is much easier on the Engine but with lesser torque.

I do not have a boost guage installed so I cannot tell if he is right.

Should I be concerned? Should I switch to Revo then....?:uhm:

hi , mtm always produce more torque with tuning than others.
if the higher boost is worrying you i wouldnt let that get to you ,
this would be a peak boost , somthing that you wont be at most of the time , and if the boost goes too high the engine goes into limp mode to stop the engine getting damaged , so if your not hitting limp mode you got no worries , i would buy mtm over revo any day
enjoy

As above, wouldnt worry about it mate

I love the MTM stuff personally, feel its all set up to make the most for those that want it, Ive never had any issues with it (and Ive known people have issues with other brands...) Normally people are put off by the price of MTM stuff as its always more expensive, then go for Revo and slag off the MTM as a way of justifying choosing a cheaper option

MTM speed 100000s on tuing and making sure things dont go pop, some people have had things go bang but thats usually becasue the engine was not looked after before the map.

They have lots of confidence in tuning to these levels becasue they have the testing to back it up. Revo are good and cheaper becuase they dont have the same behind the scenes.

I have not heard any problems with the MTM chip either and I have total trust on MTM (That is why I spent extra $$ rather than go for the crap). Does anyone have a boost gauge installed to see if it really goes up to 1.8bars? Stock is 0.8bars and it just feels very scary that I have 1 bar more on the stock turbo as peak. Can someone confirm the peak boost level? Thanks!

Yeah, I chose MTM back in 2004 because of their pedigree and the amount of time they've put into R&D. I concur the remap on my 8L S3 is relatively 'low' on power (261bhp) but 'high' on torque (311lb/ft) which I like. Biggest problem I found has been QST who I found to be on the arrogant side. It's a shame that there isn't another MTM dealer in the country.