fuel pessure regulator

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
Is it worth upgrading to a 4bar FPR as im getting the J revion N75?

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Is it worth upgrading to a 4bar FPR as im getting the J revion N75?

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I have been able to ascertain, fitting a 4 bar FPR will help safeguard the engine at the top end with a different N75, but it'll ****** up the midrange and bottom end...I may be wrong, but as far as I know, you need to have a map with reduced injector open times to reduce fuel where you don't need it. otherwise it'll run rich and possible wreck the car etc.

I believe it would probably be OK at idel though as the ECU will be in closed loop mode and should compensate.

To be honest I'be wondered the same about the 4 bar FPR...

[/ QUOTE ]

I might just get one and experiment a bit...

I was going to do some logs...

Standard air/fuel ratio
N75J air/fuel ratio
N75J/FPR air fuel ratio

Plus standrad and J airflow readings.

Should get enought data from that to see if its alright or not

Anyone know how much the 4bar FPR is?

Cheers

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

I was going to do some logs...

Standard air/fuel ratio
N75J air/fuel ratio
N75J/FPR air fuel ratio

Plus standrad and J airflow readings.

Should get enought data from that to see if its alright or not

[/ QUOTE ]

All using the VAG com?
To be honest, the VAG Com readings are not that accurate...they use fairly basic calculations for many things and the sensors are not super accurate.

I would be tempted to do any flat out runs on a rolling road with an exhaust gas analyser hooked up, and measure the EGT (exhaust gas temp) with the VAG Com...that'll give you the best indication of you are running lean with the N75 installed.

After that it's just a case of checking the mixture under load at various points...and get a before N75 / FPR graph done at the same time as an after N75 / FPR...that way you'll be able to see if the area under the graph is the same, larger (making more power) or smaller (lost power)

I'm looking forward to your results though!!

Theres absolutely no reason to change the injectors unless you are going for a big turbo and the standard injectors cant cope... which is not the case for a Chipped K04 let alone a K03S.

Rich