cold feed pipe

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
Has anyone who has a filter etc, used any sort of cold air feed pipe. i am looking at buying some, found some on ebay, between 2 and 4 inch wide, and didnt know whether there is any preference by anybody as to whats best?

i just use some air ducting pipe for brakes, used on race cars, pain to work with sometimes and expensive'ish but does the job, i'd go largest diameter possible. i have tried to wedge some through various gaps in the front of my a4 and one coming up from the drivers lower bumper grille on the bumper, not brilliant but best i've come up with so far.

i think the more important thing is to get the air filter lower down in the engine bay where there is less heat, but don't go too low as you don't want to suck in water on those really wet days.

also try to box in the air filter with heat shielding a bit and just have the cold air pipe fitting nicly into this.

tried sheilded cone filters, reverted back to air box (admittedly the insdie has been smoothed to within an inch of its life.
Punched a 4in round hole in the bottom front corner and threaded a section of B&Q's finest ducting through to the front right fog grill. don;t buy on eBay what you can pick up in any hardware shop

If you can create a heat shield then try to incorporate the cold air-conditioning pipes that run alongside in a lot of the cars. This should help to keep the air on that side of the heatsink cool and avoid interference from the engine temp.