Favicon

ChriS3

hud at ye bam
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
With the release of IE7, and for those using a mac, it might be a nice idea to have a favicon for Audi-Sport (it's that little icon in the address bar that you see on some sites).

What do you think?

I think it's a great idea. (but maybe I'm biased as I use a Mac ;))

Chris, you are a legend, I'll pick one of these if thats OK ?

Again, one of the things on the "to do list" but never seem to get round to doing it !

No problem Olly. They took all of five mins to do, I just thought I'd get something up for ideas. If there's anything else you'd rather have, then that might take another 5 mins....

I'm guessing you already know to rename the image as favicon.ico and put it in the sites root directory?

I think you should get that "to-do" list posted, you never know what might happed :)

ok, done it, can you see it cos I cant in FF ?

i'll post up what i want to do a little later on :)

Hey I aslo use a Mac, what do you guys think of these new intel chips? (sorry to go off subject)

core 2 duo rock, personally, since im using AmD X2 at the mo, i'm gonna wait and see who makes the best quad core :)

...Answer: Intel

Mainly because in technology-time terms, it's a one horse race... If the grape vine is correct (we'll use the grape vine as a reference so as not to break my NDA), Kentsfield will be shipping next month; and 4x4 will be a looooooooong time after.

OK DAAMIT have big ideas for the die layout and interconnects in 4x4; and a shiny new HyperTransport bus so it's likely to be pretty quick; but Intel might well be moving on their 45nm discreet quad cores by that time (with octo not far behind once 45nm yield is good), and then there is closer comparison. The fact Kentsfield is 2+2 doesn't seem to affect its performance...

I've had three in various machines over recent weeks :D - and while I'd love to be able to give loads of details and benchmark scores and things like that; I'd be breaking my NDA so I have to stay :tapedshut: for the most part; but I am allowed to say they're f**king quick; and I'm not sure I'd pass up that performance waiting to see if anyone else comes up with the goods :D From what I've seen my next rig will be a Kentsfield with a G80 (again NDA I'm afraid so no info!)... The choice of board is going to be a tricky one though as the two I've got in mind are both fantastic!

Anyway, getting back to topic...

If you put
Code:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">
in the <head> tag for the page you should get the favicon in FF...

Regards,

Rob.

Not being a hardware guy, I'll happily admit that makes no sense whatsoever Rob. :) I guess you're say Intel chips are good?

Olly, was also just going to suggest putting the favicon link in a <head> include. I wouldn't bother renaming the file extension if you do it that way.

nice one, thanks for that guys, all done