My S3 is playing up again!!!!!!

nath-w

Reaction score
for some reason all of a sudden the s3 has decided to start playing up again. its nots a major problem but for some reason when im driving it reasonably hard, by this i mean changing gear 4000 rpm plus, its starting revving up as i change gear. So by this i mean soon as i let off the gas and put the clutch in, the engine will rev itself up another 1000 or so rpm, its making it sound like i cant drive. Does anyone know what this could be??

Is this an expensive problem and hard to do???

IIRC it just requires changing the switch, not done it myself but pretty sure there are a few threads on it if you have a quick search.

<tuffty/>

Piece of cake to replace and only costs around £12.

It sits up underneath the drivers footwell, its just a switch with a plunger mechanism on the clutch pedal arm.

Firstly tho, before you replace it, just make sure the one you have is actually broken.

With the clutch depressed, you can slide the plunger back out again and that may solve it. The other thing is to make sure the switch is actually being pressed in by the pedal arm.

Failing that its pretty straight forward to replace it. You can do it without removing the cowling but its alot easier of you take it off or loosen it.

So you've changed the clutch switch?