Urgh... MOT in 1 week!!!

dieselfitter251

Blow ma own trumpet?
Reaction score
Still need 2 rear ABS sensors, just gonna have to fork out to Audi for them I guess! A bit spooked about putting them in properly though. Any hints?

what i done was measure it be 4 u take the old ones out i used a nail and marked it with tip x

don;t buy them from audi, twice the price.
ring Murrays - 01707272686
mine were about £25 (except the rears which were £60!)

Aye, cheers guys. I've got a quattro though. £130 from audi and Eurocarparts never have any in stock and GSF don't stock them at all... :shrug:

Don't they only supply to trade customers? Tried a similar company in Glasgow and after VAT it was just about the same price as Audi.... I'll them a go all the same. Cheers

I cant even get them from audi for £130, can anyone get discount from audi as i need one one the rear sensors from a quattro too

wicked thanks, i've been qouted £142 from audi truro

Aye, about 70 quid for a rear sensor! The back hubs on quatty have the ABS ring inside the hub andI think a different set up due to the EDL control for the rear brakes. I believe the front sensors are the same as long as the FWD car in question has EDL for the front as the quatty has it for all 4 corners, I think.... anybody? Siena?

i dont think its related to EDL, i think the front sensors will all be the same (although i seem to recall a chassis number change, so theres probably early and late sensors)

rears are presumably different because they mount differently to the fwd cars

Audi price is 127.96 + VAT (147.15).

Aye, I can 2nd that. 2 on order. Popping in to Edinburgh Audi tomorrow to donate yet another arm to my ongoing B5 restoration. To date I have parted with 5 arms, 3 legs, 4 first born childs 84 gold teeth and the equivelant GDP of a small non-combatant south american country. Hopefully everything will work 100% once they're on the car and I clear all the fault codes. I'm fully expecting the ole' girl to sail through the MOT as if it were her first!!

I could have done the sensors cheaper.

Would they have been on by Wed next week, how much? pm me. I've not settled with Audi yet.

i need a sensor siena if you can help me out, p/n 8a0927807c
cheers

i need a sensor siena if you can help me out, p/n 8a0927807c
cheers
I was on to Eurocarparts about this... they could only help out by getting direct from bosch at silly prices.. I did try for a group buy but nae joy! Siena will help you out mate.

i just cant believe no one other than genuine do them, i guess its a rare part? why did i get a 2.5 quattro, parts are a bitch lol

I think, if the hoss has been looked after then it should be ok... Apart from the ABS, rear wiper and bit's o' rust, all that has gone wrong with mine is down to neglect or honest wear and tear. My initial concerns about the drive train (being 4x4), engine or engine management have been unfounded. If I had a couple of grand to really sort it out, most of which being cosmetic, I don't see why stinky couldn't run for another 241000 miles... providing maintanence was adheard to.