Do you Smoke?

• Yup I sure do

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • Never, filthy

Votes: 88 74.6%
  • Social smoker

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
I actually hate Smoking, but I know how to, and have the occasional puff for social purposes, and I mean like 2-3 a year at most! So voted for the social smoker option.

I smoked for years and years, couldn't start the day without a fag!

But I deiced to give up a coulpe of years ago. Although if I am out having a few beers and fancy one I will.
J.

i use to smoke but gave up, you should have put that as an option :slap:

I had smoked for 12 years...

Try buying the Allen Carr book, it worked for me (Albeit for a week!)

Reading it again at the moment!

Yeah i do, like a flippin chimney:sorry: i have tried to give up unsuccesfully about 5 times now, each time something has happened to make me start again. my problem is i have abs. no willpower!

first time i packed my mam waas rushed into hospital with a brain tumour! i had packed for 2 months but on way to hospital to visit her i went for fuel and bought 10 fags? did'nt realise until i'd smoked 3 or 4 of em and then ended up back on em? ****** idiot that i am!

tried again with the patches etc, but they gave me very lucid nightmares and sore arms and but cheeks! hence still being hooked.

i'm gonna have to do it soon but it is hard when like i said i have 0 willpower!

i go through 20 - 30 a day now! a quick calc and it works out at over £2700 a yr!!!!!!!!! thats enough to get me an s4 if i pack in and save for a couple of yrs! i would'nt care but i hate the smell nowadays? WHY DO I DO IT?????

Nope, horrid habit.

I dabbled years ago, but it didn't make me feel/smell very good, and my wallet got thinner.

Hate smoking!
Never smoked never will
I can't stand it when I speak to someone who has just had a fag!
Smells like an old ashtray

Standing out in the ******* rain freezing just to smoke yourself to death??? What is all that about, It's social! what is social about lighting a fag and blowing the harm full smoke on others and making them skink of smoke too??

Then smokers harp on they are skint all the time!!! Set fire to near enough £10 aday and you will be

Gave up last October. Don't feel like one either TBH although I do get the odd, fleeting pang when ******. Not had one yet though.

yeah, the wife doesnt smoke and I hate the smell of smoke in the house, so i NEVER smoke in the house, I always go outside.

Gave up about 9-10 years ago now.

I remember going on holiday to Turkey and buying 200 fags for about £7 and then coming back home to pay £3.50 a pack.

I gave up there and then :icon_thumright:

When you smoke you don't understand the smoke smells that linger on your cloths/hair/skin.

It's not nice :sadlike:

I don't mind people smoking in general, it's their choice, but what does get on my nerves is smokers smoking in front of my kid! or in front of any kids/toddlers for that matter!!

I was at a football match the other week and a bloke was asked to put his fag out as this bloke said I don't want to breathe them fumes to which the smoker do you drive a car? the bloke replied (with an answer which shows he was beat) whats that got to do with it
trust me people this world has a whole lot worse things to put you in a box
PS I don't smoke

I'm an ex smoker, gave up 13 years ago. I don't have any real issues with it, the only thing I don't like is when people have just put one out or the morning after a night in the pub. All the clothes have to go for a wash!
Funnily it's not a problem when I'm in the pub

Gave up just over a year ago. Miss it sometimes, but hate the smell now.
Tried for years to give up but then one day, quite unexpectantly, I just stopped. No point stopping till the time is right, otherwise just start again. Had to give up the spliffs as well though :(

I never have, I even take a deep breath when I see someone smoking just so I can breathe out when I pass them (and not have to inhale).*

* doesn't work if there is a long walk to pass them or if I have to stop and chat...

Haven't smoked since i came back from amsterdam. Did enough for a lifetime out there ha ha

Never smoked cigarettes, but I enjoy the ever so occassional cigar. When I say occassional I mean 2 or 3 a year.

Aside from enjoying the taste they make you look cool. :cool:

Lol :)

I actually gave up about three hours ago. Just finished Allen Carr's 'Easyway to stop smoking'.

It's all about looking at stopping as a od thing as opposed to 'givng up'

I never understand the "The way to give up is to cut back" theory, as clearly, that is not quitting, thats cutting back...

I go by the Johnny theory, thats the skinny one from Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps. "The way to give up, is stop putting them in your mouth and lighting them"

Anyway, nobody is really addicted, its all in the mind. :shutup2:

As for me, I thought id save time in trying to give up in later life, by not starting.

marmite said:
I can't stand it when I speak to someone who has just had a fag!Smells like an old ashtray

Tell me about it!

marmite said:
what is social about lighting a fag and blowing the harm full smoke on others and making them skink of smoke too??

Totally agree with you marmite on that.

Went out yesterday for a meal with the wife, and the whole place was covered in smoke. I can't wait for the smoking ban as we will be able to eat in peace without the smoke stinging our eyes as well as our clothes not smelling like a ashtray. :0

Nop although I have tried and didn't enjoy it, also can't afford it lol, how much is it for a pack of 20 these days? rather spend my hard earned cash on my:greyrs4:

TDI said:
Went out yesterday for a meal with the wife, and the whole place was covered in smoke. I can't wait for the smoking ban as we will be able to eat in peace without the smoke stinging our eyes as well as our clothes not smelling like a ashtray. :0

And the funny thing is people actualy call themselves social smokers!! what do they do to be unsocialable???

dont smoke but for me the big tobacco corporations i.e Phillip morris and others who take our money and then advertise to kids and people in the third world to take up smoking to make them millionaires is enough of a reason not to smoke.....im against the industry and the way they deal with their business......:no:

people should be strong enough to quit....if you really wanted to you can...its all in the head!!

altho ive been to a few shesha bars recently and thats kinda nice and relaxing...

I packed up about 3 Years ago, after smoking for about 25 Years.......... What worked for me was saying that I was merely 'choosing not to smoke' each day, (ie not saying that I'd 'packed up') and keeping a pack in the glove box,,,, they're still there!!

I'm completely and utterly opposed to the ban on smoking in pubs and clubs........ It's yet another example of the 'Nanny state' destroying our basic consitutional freedoms.......

good on you JPO!!

and i agree with u regards to the ban....as far as the principle goes!!

used to, when i met my missus she made me stop. just have a few when im in the pub drinking now. most my mates do. not addicted anymore but still enjoy one from time to time. can go 6 weeks without then have 10 in one night! not sure about banning smoking in public, perhaps they should ban fat people from eating in public too.

I don't smoke.

No-Smoking-1.jpg