S3 Ebay rip off (Cupra R spoiler mod)

Yes they had posted this on SCN ;)

People will still buy them @ £44 though!

For a laugh do an add and copy his page but put them up for £30 !!!! Thats the way to p155 them off!

Come from Germany too so i bet they get them mega cheap!

ash s3 did you buy the lip from ebay as well??

your car is the one pictured in the ebay auction

Ha ha - I've seen that too. Why not make money if you can. The people actually buying the spoiler are the fools

is this Part#1ML 805 903 that costs about £19 from a SEAT dealer? cheers

I just asked the seller this question, i wonder if he'll reply? :jester:

Sorry to hijack but I wanted to get peoples opinions on these lip spoilers. I have ming blue S3 and was wondering how it might look, chav or cool? Does anyone have any pics of one on a ming blue motor?

Also can anyone shed any light on fitting? Easy or pain in the ar5e?

Been pondering putting one of these on mine - but I keep grazing the underside of the front bumper anyway so making it another 20mm lower could just be asking for trouble.

Saw one fitted to a Mk4 Seat Ibiza yesterday - looked really good considering he had to cut about 20cm off each and plus bend it lots to fit. From what he said, it is definitely a 2 person job to fit.

How do they attach to the bottom of the front bumper? Is it clips or "no more nails"??

Funky_Junky said:
Sorry to hijack but I wanted to get peoples opinions on these lip spoilers. I have ming blue S3 and was wondering how it might look, chav or cool? Does anyone have any pics of one on a ming blue motor?

Also can anyone shed any light on fitting? Easy or pain in the ar5e?

Iv got it on mine..looks good..

DSC00226.jpg

I really like the look of that, but obviously would prefer to buy from Seat at the cheaper price! :icon_thumright:

Is it a Seat item from the Cupra R then?

Anyone know the part number?

And what are the modifications that need to be made to it?

Thanks

@ a3tdiquattro, see Tallpauls post above! There lay the answers you seek....:)

Cheers Tooks, Skimmed past that!! :)

For everyone else that did the same as me:

Part#1ML 805 903

ak_quattro454 said:
ash s3 did you buy the lip from ebay as well??

your car is the one pictured in the ebay auction

nope, bought mine from seat, the guy from goingfast asked if they could use pics of my car to advertise it so i let them!

i only let them use the pics so i could get a full refund on the chrome mirror covers i bought from them cause they were rubbish!

ash_s3 said:
nope, bought mine from seat, the guy from goingfast asked if they could use pics of my car to advertise it so i let them!

i only let them use the pics so i could get a full refund on the chrome mirror covers i bought from them cause they were rubbish!

lets face it, would anyone buy anything from goingfast? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Funky_Junky said:
Yeah I like that, seems to look well on the darker colours. s3shabs, how did you fit it?

I simply just screwed on on the underside of the bumper, and made 2 holes on on the underside of the bumper for where the splitter returns upwards. then just snugly pushed it through the holes I cut out.
For the sides, I used a heatgun to get the splitter to mould to the shape of the bumper to give it a factory look.

Oh and before that, the splitter has some clips which need to be shaved down. These are obviously for straight fitment on to a cupra r bumper, which has the holes for the clips.

leecs3 said:
lets face it, would anyone buy anything from goingfast? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

they shouldnt be allowed to advertise the mirror covers saying they fit perfectly and are exact oem replicas! they were a totaly shyte fit, wouldnt buy anything from them again!