any of you fitted cruise control to S3

I'm almost certain thats the right one although I dont have the part number! I had to buy the whole kit from Teeside so would imagine it to be correct!

121 pole loom should be the right one IIRC... I bought the kit from Teeside, comes with the both looms as there is one that goes from stalk to the junction box in the scuttle and the one you have linked too from there to the ECU

I bought this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370095852365

Easy enough to fit but takes a bit of time as you have to remove loads and the ECU wiring can be a tad worrying but not too bad...

Also need VAGCOM to code the ECU to turn on cruise control

One of the best mods I have fitted... use it all the time

<tuffty/>

I have an after market one fitted, and I hate it... when engaged the rev behave differently, a lot slower when it comes back down. so these days I dont touch it at all.

One of the best mods I have fitted... use it all the time

I agree. I got mine within 2 weeks of buying my S3. Saves quite a bit of dosh on the motorway, both in fuel and avoiding the average speed tax collecting devices...

Cheers,

im sure awesome gti were doing a special deal before £100 fitted.

Great mod, mine came with it, but would have been the first mod the car received if it hadn't. Great for cruising on the motorway. 70mph = 2,900revs = 35mpg!

sweet, iv never had cruise control but can imagine it being useful. Thats my baddest habit on the motorway, i find it so difficult to hold a constant speed.

Hmm, looks like I would also require a 'cruise control stalkhead loom' tho. Looks like it would be no cheaper buying individually, the kit is good value for money.

I have vagcom so not a problem there. 35mpg sounds alright!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]

Can somebody tell me if this looks like the correct loom?

You'll probably already know and have read up but...
The difference netween the ecu looms is the type of contact terminals they have on the ecu end. there were two types in my kit and only one of them was required, the other wouldn't have fitted my ecu. just a prewarning, you should double check first.