rnse fitted is it coded?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
RNSE fitted to my friends car,about a weel ago.......alls fine but.......... when using vcds i cant scan in radio or satnav.....does this mean it needs coding ......does the car know its fitted?...........A4 B7 CAB 2007

No the person who fitted it did not do the job correctly, as they have not wired up the k-line, so by default it has not been correctly coded for the car. I would start by checking the wiring, most common wiring faults are the Bose pin & k-line, also don't forget to code the instrument cluster (adaptation channel only) and Bluetooth module if fitted.

As above Keef, but if you get stuck give me a bell.

it displays on the cluster and all ive found out is that original headunit was taken out and the sat nav plugged in......plug and play.
sds voice ativation wont work either...so if anyone can tell me what to do id appreciate it as ive never done one or know of the k-line etc....thanks.

What was the original unit, pics would help.

audi concert.....like this one............
images

Ah so its quadlock, you could check the kline wire mate, if you still have the unit, then check the label on the top of the old radio & check the rns label to verify its in the correct location, even if its not coded on the bus in instruments on a B6/7 it still allows diag access so you can code that canbus.

Assuming sds wiring was done correctly & has the mic & has an sds rns-e fitted?

thanks nhn ....will report back soon.

ok......sorted it out connected k-line and now have made sure its all coded to the car.....the car has a mfsw everything works on that except the 'mode' button and also ive heard something about a repair wire that needs to be added so that the phone can be used via voice ativation.............BT phone is connected via bluetooth at the moment.