Pros and Cons of S2 Ownership

A4Andy

Quattro-tastic. Not half.
Reaction score
Guys

An S2 is looking like my next car, depending on what happens on the job front.

How reliable are they? What insurance group are they, what's the spec for the car (not statisitcs) etc.

Just a general list of pros and cons please.

:hi:

Having recently bought my 1st flat im thinking about getting rid of my S3 and getting an S2. Just to free up a bit of funds. Obviously the car will be a lot older but is it a smart move when it comes to running costs etc? In all honesty i shouldve bought an S2 in the 1st place. The S3 isnt what i was really expecting. Alot better now the suspension is changed but still not as much fun as it should be.

Get in line though, rocking horse **** is more common than a decent "For Sale" S2. :crying:

You not found one yet ? couple on S2forum ....some good examples

Update:

Still looking.

From what I can tell there are very little in the was of hidden cons. Old car = a bit more garage time. However the spares seem freely available and there's a wealth of knowlege over on s2forum.com

I will Steve. The search begins in ernest around May time. :rockwoot:

I need 5 cylinder noise in my life.

Ha, just foudn this old thread. Still looking for a wagon.

Steve, I don't want a coffin lugger. ;)

there is a bargain rs2 for 5999 on pistonheads atm - looks a great example

Having recently bought my 1st flat im thinking about getting rid of my S3 and getting an S2. Just to free up a bit of funds. Obviously the car will be a lot older but is it a smart move when it comes to running costs etc? In all honesty i shouldve bought an S2 in the 1st place. The S3 isnt what i was really expecting. Alot better now the suspension is changed but still not as much fun as it should be.

I can relate to that!
After an S2 S4 & S3, i still say the S2 was the better car out of them all.

I had an S2, then a B5 S4, and have now gone back to another S2.
Awesome cars, and highly recommened if you can find a good one!!

Last edited: