First ride in RS4 this morning

s3bow

Reaction score
As it says, went out early this morning on test in an unregistered RS4. Absolutely awesome. Sounds not unlike a nascar racer. Sounded nice just idling over in the workshop.

Aways had reservations about how sluggish and unresponsive V8s can be after driving an S4, but this was unexpected.
Wasn't driving BTW. Passenger.

Recommended if you get a chance.

Chris.

I take it that means you`ve found a 4 door replacement for the S3 should another sprog pop along then?

I wish mate. Yours is gone then I take it. I've been talking to Ken Jones, and he said you were going somewhere to see something.
Nice spec on it. Where did you find it ?

Chris.

Well I managed to get one (to drive!) for a hour from the local dealer...what a car!

Just hatching a plot now to get one...

I'd love an RS4, but having popped to Shrewsbury on the weekend to swap my car, I was toally bowled by the RS6... OMG!

It makes the RS4 look like... well I dont know which one to get!! - If I could afford it. It was 35k, in blue, and stunning. A bargain against the new RS4 me thinks???

Chris -
I found my new car after spending about 3 weeks looking through the used car search on audi.co.uk, it took me ages to find. my main needs were - an s3 without the fuel problem. so that meant xenons, sports susp, wheels, etc.. the one I have was the only TDI sline on the used list with xenons - in the country.

So I swapped, and to be honest besides the fact that I cant accelerate like a demented greyhound the car is 330 x better than the s3, interior, exterior, etc... bar the performance of course.. handling is still excellent for the two wheel drive mind you.

and toys? well loads...

If your passing our high street, check it out or give me a knock (101) and I`ll show you the interior, test drive, etc..

[click]

and now back to the RS4....

LOVELY.. still saving

[ QUOTE ]
Also had first drive on Saturday. So impressed, that order now placed, and the long wait till March 07 waits.

So anyone want to buy a 911 ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

911 gone, now swapped order to a Misano Avant, tech pack, ipod, phone for Oct delivery. Better than waiting for March and IMHO i think the avant is what the RS4 should be