BP Ultimate £1.43.9 lt

Hightower

Reaction score
Is BP Ultimate really that good?

I was confronted by massive queues into town yesterday so had to give Tesco a miss for fuel so popped to a local BP garage, i thought the price on the pump said £1.13.9 lt as the sun was shining on it, wasn't till i got to £20 that i saw the real price of £1.43.9 lt :wtf:

Is it that expensive across the country, can't believe people buy it if it is, just filled up at Tesco tonight with Super (only 97 octane, they dont sell the 99 octane here) for £1.11.9 lt.

What, that cant be right!!!

Ive been filling up for the past few weeks now with V Power at 112.9 a litre.

What, that cant be right!!!

Ive been filling up for the past few weeks now with V Power at 112.9 a litre.

It normally is an expensive garage anyway (white post in Yeovil) i normally steer well clear of it, well it was for Diesel as they were normally 10p a lt or more than the supermarkets during the summer but their unleaded is only 2p more at the moment so i gave it a try and especially as Asda doesnt do super and tesco is just in the worst place to get to in town, never again though.

OH well, lesson learnt, always keep topped up ;)

I work for BP, and there is no way that garage should be charging that for Ultimate, when the prices were are there highest Ulmate wasn't even that expensive (i know i was using it back then). It may well be a private dealer franchise, but thats not really an excuse.
Heres the number of our head office 01908 853000, ask to speak to someone in retail pricing and make a complaint. You never know, you might get something out of them.

I just use the normal unleaded, is there really that much of a noticeable difference?

Dan

not for that sort of money, go to shell and use v-power

I can't find V-Power Diesel anywhere near me :( So i use BP Ultimate Diesel and i certainly notice a difference in MPG

How much of a difference mate?? I have a 2.0TDi and been tempted

Will i notice a difference in better fuel economy and performance if i switched to using something like shell optimax or bp ultimate etc?

Thanks
Dan