Was I being inconsiderate?

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
I am P!SSED OFF! Whilst navigating rush hour traffic, a light Blue Rover 200 decided he would make a 3 lane island into a 4 lane one, and I had to steer away from him to avoid a collision to my bodywork. 1/2 a mile down the road, I'm side by side with this car, and he thinks it's fine to make a manouver to cut accross my front end, nearly taking my front bumper/wing off, so I beeped my horn in protest!:motz:
This was followed by ME being pulled over by a passing traffic cop on a bike.:no: He told me to stop being so 'inconsiderate' to other motorists, I was gobsmacked! Had he not been in uniform, and my family not been in my car, he would have got a proper earful from me, with f'ing and blinding to boot!!! But I kept my calm and apologised to him, so I could be on my way, but I felt really hard done by for the rest of the journey, and my missus had to keep telling me to relax.
Now what right did this officer have to pull me over, and on what grounds? Is it now illegal to beep my horn in broad daylight these days, is it even an offence?! I felt like I was in the wrong, when clearly I was the victim when he was having his say... or was he just being a *****?

Anyways, rant over and safe driving. :racer:

To be fair to the Fed, all he saw was you beeping someone in a Rover, he didnt have any prior knowledge of the incident beforehand, did you get the chance to explain this too him? If so what was his reaction?

Id just put this one down to bad luck, today I drove about 800 miles, plenty of idiots out there but also plenty of people that let me and my big white van out at junctions or onto motorways, just have to take the rough with the smooth...

unkle said:
To be fair to the Fed, all he saw was you beeping someone in a Rover, he didnt have any prior knowledge of the incident beforehand, did you get the chance to explain this too him? If so what was his reaction?

Yes, I told him he had cut me up twice, so I pressed my horn in protest and I'm sorry(Shrugging my shoulders during the conversation). He rolled his eyes like it was something so pathetic, so asked him if I could go now, the traffic at this point had pulled away a good 150 yards ahead of me, I felt like a **** with MR officer having pulled me over for something so pathetic.

My point is, why did he even pull me over? when I beeped my horn, he could see the Rover cutting accross me mid-beeping, clearly, his hearing is better than his vision.

Should have smashed into the side of the Rover at the beginning because that poor **** aint going to get that pile of sh-te fixed in a hurry

You are fully comp arent you

Sounds like he was just itching to pull you for something. I had a similar experience when an unmarked traffic car followed me for 5 miles in the M27 roadworks, desperate for me to speed (but I'd clocked him). He eventually pulled me for a dirty number plate - unbelievable!

yeah, he was being a *****! Like most of them are it seems now a days... serve and protect boys, serve and protect!