Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
While my flame suit is on I'm going to have a rant and aim directly at the Admins, possible with a small trail off towards the mods if they was able to help.

[RANT]For a forum with such a bit presence, massive following and says its the best. I am utterly...........(searching for the right words)******, annoyed, heart broken, ashamed or other such emotion words to describe my feelings bout the lack of anything ASN related.
There was no banners, no marques, not even a flag and the worse bit, the bit that felt like TCP on a fresh prince Albert, is the fact that new clubs, clubvag.co.uk and cov (fair to them lads, nice blokes and very welcoming and put in allot of effort :thumbsup:) had banners, flags and other items to show off the forum that they support.
We had nothing.

I don't expect the keepers of out kit, I know we have it cause I've seen it, to go to a show they can't make or go massively out of their way to delivery such items but they could have did a post and spoke to someone that is going thats local to them to see if they could meet up and drop the items to the show on their behalf.
It would not take much to meet up or even just post it and take the money out of the ASN pot, hell I'd even chip a bit of cash in to support our forum (I've donated!!) but there nothing at all. I drove through 5 counties to get to this show!!!!

Possible one of the biggest, longest shows ASN will be attending this year and we looked like a bunch of teenagers at the local McDs.

Admins, can you please sort out some form of sharing of the ASN banners, flags and any thing else we have?
Even if its just posting the fabric to a trusted member or mod that's attending that show or some form of postal service using willing members that will be passing from one area to another or something.[/RANT]

Good show though. :thumbsup:

Well said Scott, it was a bit embarrassing to say the least.

Like Karl said yesterday, there we're probably other ASN members that would have come and said hello to us if they'd know we were ASN!!

Well said Scott, it was a bit embarrassing to say the least.

Like Karl said yesterday, there we're probably other ASN members that would have come and said hello to us if they'd know we were ASN!!

The only reason I knew where the ASN stand was on Saturday was because the tampon on Mercedes wheels was parked up.

The only reason I knew where the ASN stand was on Saturday was because the tampon on Mercedes wheels was parked up.

Lmfao reesy, but I totally agree it was embarrassing looking at a lot smaller/newer forums supplying shelter, banners, flags etc
Then you had a group of asn members camping representing asn under a makeshift tarpauling shelter which was a brilliant effort from the lads with things available but with nothing identifying us besides little asn stickers in the cars.....actually suppose that could of been a good thing they may not of known we were from asn

Yeah all hale the pikey shelter, shoddy as it was ;)
aaron who was representing his own thing this year did a cracking job!! Hats off to the guy for major effort in getting his forum and comrades noticed... Plates, flags, BBQ all kinds. And to say ASN had one of the best pitches available it seems such a shame that no effort is made. It just seems the admin of ASN don't give a toss. As Scott said it would only take 1 post and all attending the shows could pull together and shuttle the banners and such cross counties to the desegnated member or mod that would be willing to take responsibillity and able to make the show. 4 mods that I saw turned up I'm sure something could have been arranged by admin to ensure items got to one of these guys.
Come please let's get something sorted out as at the end of the day it's publicity for the forum and all we want to do as members is show who we belong to !!!!

Haha same!!! "It's a tampon with a roof box" said in a bumpkin accent ;)

The fact that not 1 mod or admin has even commented on this thread in a whole day kind of sums up the argument!

This place used to be alive with the law. I remember the days of people getting told off for the slightest infringement and now ASN seems to just be left to it's own devices.

Scott
You was the organiser of the event so you should have asked about them beforehand,it's no good as an afterthought when you see all the other club stands with their signs/banners asking about it now ;)

The fact that not 1 mod or admin has even commented on this thread in a whole day kind of sums up the argument!

This place used to be alive with the law. I remember the days of people getting told off for the slightest infringement and now ASN seems to just be left to it's own devices.
Only just finished work so only just saw this thread Neil
Dunno about left to it's own devices though.

Scott
You was the organiser of the event so you should have asked about them beforehand,it's no good as an afterthought when you see all the other club stands with their signs/banners asking about it now ;)

Not my forum.
If it was my forum I would have offered out the ASN items to mods and users that was going.

So as a lonely user that has almost no rights or influence on the goings on on this forum, I have to put in more effort than 2 Admins who own and runs the forum, over ten mods who moderate/manage the forum, to get this forum represented at shows?

Would you also like me to spend my own money making up Banners, tents and marques for ASN, pay for shipping to other members that's willing to make the journey to shows?
Cause it seems like the Admin's can't be assed to put in any effort for the forum or its members.
What about the sponsors as well?
They pay to be on what is said to be on of the biggest and best on the net, yeah great, sponsor the site, ASN will be at shows but no one will ever know we are there, wont be able to talk to ASN members to find out how good a site it and then them users wont be able to point potential members and customers to the site sponsors!!!!!

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WHAT THE FLAMING ****!!!!

You stay classy, ASN. I'm ScottB5.

:thumbsup:

dear chiefs.

believe it or not, those of us ranting and complaining about this actually do enjoy your forum, which is why we are there, every show, representing and supporting.

with respect, why the hell should scott, or any other inferior member have to organise a show/stand for something you own/manage.
Im sure scott would, infact, we as a group pretty much did. but that isnt the point at all. The point of our argument is that the turnout was poor, stand was poor, but apparently this forum is 'the original and still the best'.

it really is downhill from here im afraid. You may think that one or two or even a few members giving up isnt a big deal. but the fact remains that those few that have/might leave, are big contributors to the forum, in information and spirit.
i mean using the COV boys as an example, do you realise how well they represent and have grown in such little time, and the effort and spirit they put in to that show. to have them on our side would be massive!

instead, members are left feeling dissapointed, questioning what the hell they turned up for.
if i had travelled to that show in 1 day and left the same day, there is no way in hell id return to the ASN stand again, its just not worth it.

Communicate, show some spirit, contact us, or any enthusiastic member, and make it worthwhile for people.

i do understand that people have lives, including myself believe it or not, and if i had the time to contribute more i would. We dont expect every single mod and admin or whatever to attend, we just expect some organisation and effort from more people.

hopefully we can do better in the future anyway.

not entirely sure why i care so much but i LOVE the shows.

i wasnt there but i can feel your fustration, if no one knows who you are then how do you expect to get known and heard about more, the fall of decent forums have always fallen to the lack of moderation and admin input, seen two turn in to ghost towns due to this fact.

p.s. that is the most sensible and constructive thing i've ever posted.
now back to normality.

boost-addict, this is something we can all see happening. better to tell people and do something about it though than let it just die out.

with respect, why the hell should scott, or any other inferior member have to organise a show/stand for something you own/manage.

I'm not too sure who you're aiming that at?

From a moderators perspective, the event was being run by Scott, as I understand it he was asked to do so. I didn't attend unfortunately so can only offer a general opinion, no member HAS to organise any event. They choose to do so because they want to. Only Scott will know what contact he had with site admin prior to the event, and whether banners were offered/requested, (that's not a criticism as Scott will know).

I have not been involved with ASN events before, so do not know the current statues of events equipment etc. However, I do organise events for the AOC so have an understanding of the difficulties of organising shows, primarily the logistics of show equipment etc.

Personally I don't think that any individual, be they mod or "inferior member" as you put it should have to buy their own banners, if people choose to do so for their own reasons that is great. The difficulty always is that people will look after their own stuff, whereas group owned stuff can be harder to look after and keep account of.

Be assured, this will be discussed with admin, and hopefully before the end of the show season something will be done to better reward the work people put into these events.

In Admin's defence I never asked for banners or spoke to him about the show.

The lack of banners and such is possible partly my fault for now asking or requestion it or even talking to Admin.

In my defence, this is my first show that I have ever organised for ASN, never really knew what I was doing.
I had a little bit of help and advice on the communicating with the Inters staff but nothing on the ASN stand of things.

Maybe I should have PMed Admin or Faction or any other mod bout the banners but it never crossed my mind until the even it self, then it was to late.
But I still feel that they should have offered or mentioned about the what club banners/signs that they had.

I do apologise for a bit of heated not fully thinking it through rant but parts of it still stand.

If there is club stand items and Admins, Mods or even normal users has such items, they should offer them out to the person organising the show.
Or a mod creates a thread and with in that thread a list of items and the last person and location with that item.
Each time a event is organised that organiser can then contact that person with the item they want and discuss hand over of said item or brining it to the show. The list is updated and the process continues.

I don't mind doing others shows, this one was a bit of a eye opening and a massive learning curve for me and I feel it raised some points about this forum and shows.

Like I said at the camp site over the weekend.
I'm happy to put money in to a pot for a ASN marquee if its worth while but saying that I'm going to make one to bolt on to audrey. :)

A quote off another thread
dont panic guys.. i personally know that next week there is a 16 meter star tent ariving and you shall all be proud of your administrator A for this, as for the banners and the flag pole..?

this new tent will take asn to a new level of pressencs and i can personally asure you that future events for you guys will be well presented and look the dogs nuts..:thumbsup: jack.

Thanx for the kind words guys

I will always be part of ASN as ive met some awesome ppl from the club had the greatest discussions, and seen some ****** awesome cars and for that i love you ASN, come to think of it maybe COV wouldnt even exist if i hadnt had a taste of being part of a club!

Although scott was partly responsserble for organising the inters stand , IMO an event of this size and that is so crucial to ASN should have been overlooked by and admin/mod
trust me I now know exactly how hard it is to pull these events off and I too have a team that help put our events together,
but whenever something is delegated to someone else I'll always oversee the project that were working on!
the ASN stand was a big fail in terms of banners/flags or whatever else they choose to use to promote themselves as a club.
i know this I coz I was directing various ASN members to your stand! I did this by pointing out another clubs flag and telling ppl you were next to that particular club!!!
Now I know enough ppl from ASN and there cars And even we had to look for them in the campsite

Scott done an awesome job of notifying ppl you had a much better turnout than last year
I think asn should have defo had a member of the team alongside him dealing with such important items/issues

Come on ASN represent

The support or lack of is no different to us as mods than to you as a member Scott, we all do this voluntarily and arrange things in our own time .

You could have asked anyone of us, We'd have done our best to help.

The support or lack of is no different to us as mods than to you as a member Scott, we all do this voluntarily and arrange things in our own time .

You could have asked anyone of us, We'd have done our best to help.

I understand that now a long with the lack of forsight to ask a mod for help.
I have learnt from my errors and will use what i have learnt for the next show........Maybe, if there is one.

I don't agree with that mark ( this is just my opinion)if you volunteer to be a part of the team then you have a respnsibilityAnd whoever decided to let Scott organise this has a responsibility to oversee it and make sure he succeeds in making it an awesom event for both members and club

Last edited:
I'm not too sure who you're aiming that at?
i was saying in the general sense, not aimed at anyone. just a general reply to what vorhees had said previously. like i said, with respect.

scott - you know you have a team of recruits that will continue to back you if you decide to organise a show.

i think what this all boils down to is communication. Questions should have been asked, things organised, discussed more.
but even if scott is appointed to do this on his own, the people who willingly run/own this forum should be conscious of what is going on, afterall, their enthusiasm for the club should be great if they are representing the club as mod/admin/whatever else there is (im unsure of the hierarcy of ASN if im honest).

im confident that with this being brought up the next show will be better. especially with that quote from vorhees, its good to hear.

this isnt all just about flags and banners though, its about support and organisation.
it just seems, after inters, there are only a few of us that care so much. we dont want to see the ASN brand die, i chose this forum because its versatile, and well put together.

il help whatever i can when the time comes. do what i can, as we all should, however small it may be.

I don't agree with that mark ( this is just my opinion)if you volunteer to be a part of the team then you have a respnsibilityAnd whoever decided to let Scott organise this has a responsibility to oversee it and make sure he succeeds in making it an awesom event for both members and club

If only life were that simple.

Maybe in retrospect we're all to blame to some point. If posts had been made and request submitted we may of had some form of branded kit. Moving fwd perhaps we should all be a bit more pro active and not just expect the powers above to sort this.

I can understand that time aloction and cash flow can be difficult but it Would be nice to see the same numbers at future events as at ADI & AITP last year, tbh I expected alot more to attend inters with it being a major one.

The news of the star tent is awesome though and I'm sure many members will be proud to stand under that bad boy ;)

Where's Chez?

You missing him already Jo :lmfao:
4446f7aa.jpg

Looked like you was doing it for releif, And the sheer amount of mick monk and stella deposited on my bumper tells the story ;)

Has the real Chez seen all these pics yet haha.

Let this be a warning to anyone who thinks about missing a show ;)

Haha not sure dude, once scared you will alway attend ;)

ahhhh i see the relevent members still haven't bothered to come in here.
once again complete lack of communication and care, as the pub thread demonstrates.

ahhhh i see the relevent members still haven't bothered to come in here.
once again complete lack of communication and care, as the pub thread demonstrates.

Karl,

I've spent most of the day talking Administrator about a few thing one being the banners and such.
He is working on fews things and I believe things will change in the future.

He's on holiday at the moment, so posting up here is not high on his priority.

I'm going to lock this thread as I feel its a purpose has been achieved.
Our voice was heard and action has been taken to resolve the situation.
I have also learnt from the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.