Blackpool Illuminations - Don't bother !!!!!!!

JohnboyC

Reaction score
Thought I would take the family out in my hobby car this evening...so we left Chorley at 6pm ish to get to Blackpool for 6:40ish. Anyways got on the road between St Annes & Blackpool....got half way along it...and then spent 2 hours queuing, for about half a mile, BEFORE we got to the 1st set of lights.......

Kids were bored
Wife was fed up and wanted a pee
I was bored

But on the positive side, weather wise its was good !

People were wandering about asking for donations - Hmmmm....

Anyways 0/10 for Blackpool councils organisation of the traffic flow - it was completely sh1t !!!!
and 10/10 to the police who were turning people back to the end of the queue who were trying to jump the queue.

Top tips are Don't drive, take the tram, walk, ride a bike...... or just stay away from Blackpool full stop !

Last edited:
We took our boy there last year, he was all excited, but same catastrophe, bought him a fan-dangly spinny neon thing from the Blackpool car 2 car entrepreneurs £7.00 each!! and he fell asleep before we reached the first set of lights lol! so it was definately not worth it!

Yeh, when we have been we have left it til nearer turn off when its Freezing lol! Sadly though alot of the bulbs have blown by then too!

Went there 30 or so years ago & decide at even at age of 10ish that its was a horrible tacky place that i'd never return to LOL