Q7 interior trim

Frenchie

Reaction score
I'm looking to change the interior trim (door trim & around mmi trim) on my 2007 Q7, can anybody confirm that trims from a 2011 model will fit my 2007? By door trim I mean the silver/wood etc that runs along from door handle. Many thanks :yes:

Can I suggest just having them painted, I got some recently for client with an A5 & the dash ones were £400 alone, let alone rest of the car lol.

I've had some done before, wooden effect changed to anthracite & they came out brilliantly, subject to the quality of the painter of course.

I did think of painting them, but I can also get hold of a set for £150, make life easier to just clip in rather than the prep work of painting.

Ideally need to check part number in etka & see if it comes up over the years including yours, if so then yes it will fit.

Ok cheers will take a look, although you have got me thinking about spraying them now, lol

As you're doing them all, just get one done as a test to see how good they are.

I can paint myself as I've done a fair bit of bodyshop work in the past, will let you know how it goes :yes:

I did think of painting them, but I can also get hold of a set for £150, make life easier to just clip in rather than the prep work of painting.

Frenchie, where did you get the trim from? Only it's a great price and I'd also like to change my trim

I've got some wooden ones going, replaced for aluminium ones.

Was contemplating doing them piano black or carbon wrapped and just swapping occasionally, but would sell if anyone wanted them.

What sort of wood ones and are they smoking or non smoking?

Sorry you mentioned you had a wood trim for sale.

I meant is it the burl wood grain option or one of the exclusive styles?

Also is it for one with the ashtray in front of the shifter or with the tray (non smoking package).

Just I had the wood in my old A6 an d have the aluminium in my new Q7 but think I prefer the wood.

I think it's non smoking, it has a 12v socket on panel as opposed to a cig lighter if that makes it non smoking?

Audi q7 estate diesel 13020229

If you look in front of the gear lever you will see there is a cubby hole and not a sliding cover with an ashtray and cig lighter in, that's what i mean by non smoking package

Plus, yours is a later model with the passenger inlay strip, mine doesn't have that.

All Q7's have the 12volt socket next to the MMI and if you are lookig at buying new trim, dont make the mistake of buying cheap from europe as the Airbag trim wont fit !!! and if your looking at geniune carbon trim then you wont get an airbag option as they had a leather stitched dash without trim.