Chris NottSky Insurance
    4th Gear

Status

Photographing your car

Does anyone else feel incredibly self-conscious when taking photos of their car? Like if someone sees you doing it they're going to think "look at that saddo, what a loser!"

Has anyone here seen people photographing their car and thought "wow, what a loser?"
    03 A3 (8L) TDi quattro Sport, Aluminium Silver with leather, armrest, cruise, xenons and me at the wheel

2. # ADS
    ADS

Riding on V8 power

Status
    Never thought that myself because i do it all the time!

But yes i do feel slightly self-conscious what people who see me a thinking!

Missus gets narky aswell, reckons i should go out with the car instead of her! Always moaning that it gets more attention than her!
    German iz ze vay forvard!
    Made with vorspung durch tecnik

2003 Noggy S4 Avant - 344bhp of pure V8 muscle

hud at ye bam

Status
    Was out taking pictures the other night (in the other thread). Went up to a local forest walk and the pics in the trees. Had some BBC cameraman walking his dog come up and ask questions and suggest a few things. Industrial estates have some good buildings for back-drops and most of the time we get the security gaurds coming up and asking questions, usually fairly interested.

Most people have been pretty postive when I've been taking pics. Although I do try and get it over and done with as quick as possible.
    [/sarcasm]

S6 avant

Status
    my neighbours actually commented on how many times a week i clean the car so im sure they see me taking pics and think im a weirdo.
    2000 s6 avant, special order met, green, satnav, Bose, tv, solar roof, privacy glass, recaro silver nappa.

1st Gear

Status
    When I wash the car I always take new pics

But then I don't keep my cars very long

People must think Oh he is going to sell again when they see me with the camera!

6th Gear

Status
    and are they usually correct??
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

TQS
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by batwad
    Does anyone else feel incredibly self-conscious when taking photos of their car? Like if someone sees you doing it they're going to think "look at that saddo, what a loser!"

Has anyone here seen people photographing their car and thought "wow, what a loser?"
    Agree absolutely!
    Keep planning on going somewhere secluded so i can take some shots but haven't got round to it yet!!!

The shame!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by batwad

LOL, i guess it does seem a bit saddish, but at the end of the day, enjoy it while you can, because it won't be around forever

drew

Aye you know it makes sense

Status
    LOL quite Lucky here in the lake district, loads of really cool locations with amazing back drops and no one round to questions you apart from the odd tourist.

Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Booth_S3
    Never thought that myself because i do it all the time!

But yes i do feel slightly self-conscious what people who see me a thinking!

Missus gets narky aswell, reckons i should go out with the car instead of her! Always moaning that it gets more attention than her!
    YES and YES LOL

2nd Gear

Status

Smile

Absolutely not ...

Never be embarrassed about taking photographs of anything or anyone ( with permission of course), but it does seem to be a British thing that's built into our genes.

Whenever I get a new Car (or Camera) I'm out at the front of my house with the tripod, moving the car on and off the drive to get the best shot. (Neighbours are very understanding ... )

By both experience and the experts opinion the best time to take a shot of anything such as Landscapes or Cars (especially for black cars) is during the "Golden Hour". i.e. 1 hour after dawn and 1 hour before dusk.
    (Experts correct me if I am wrong ... )

Mind you my Avatar is not exactly a fine example of that advice, being taken at mid-day, totally burnt out and missing detail at both ends of the 'histogram' as the PhotoShop bods would say. Anyway, I like it because it was the first photo taken with a new camera of a new car ... what more reason? ... and PhotoShopped a little.
    RS4 - 2007 - Phantom Black
    Hate to say it but "Sinister Beauty" .... can now see why!

05 Silver Vauxhall Astra SRi CDTi (150bhp)
    - 'Hers in Doors'

2nd Gear

Status
    ps. When I can fathom out how to post images in threads on the new format AS.net (I had trouble the last time cos I'm not a techie) and possibly get my old Gallery back (my fault for not posting for so long ... any administrators listening out there? ... please!) I will gladly share a few more car pics and others ...

It's always been addictive this site (before you know it it's midnight) ... I joined an hour ago(ish) and have still not got down to asking the main question I came on for.

Cheers
    RS4 - 2007 - Phantom Black
    Hate to say it but "Sinister Beauty" .... can now see why!

05 Silver Vauxhall Astra SRi CDTi (150bhp)
    - 'Hers in Doors'

2nd Gear

Status
    I always take pics once I've washed a car, always get the "oooh, you can do mine next!" comments!
    - Andrew

Big Ron

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriS3
    Industrial estates have some good buildings for back-drops and get it over and done with as quick as possible.

I allways take mine at industrial estates partly because of the backdrops and partly because there is hardly anyone around!

Could never take pics of my car outside my house though would feel far too embarrassed!

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05