Audigex's Ibis White A3 Black Edition

audigex

Reaction score
Turned up today (after a mere 7 month wait), I'm in love already. I repeatedly forgot my girlfriend was even in the car...

Black Edition 2.0 TDI (170) Quattro with a few toys (RNSe with music interface, cruise control, automatic lights/wipers).

Only mod planned at the moment are aluminium pedals if I can source them... second priority after some cleaning equipment. I was also flirting with the idea of swapping the black gloss inlays for white, but after seeing the car I've changed my mind.

photoqc.jpg

photo1rwu.jpg

photo4lp.jpg

photo5uf.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Navisace, markm3006 and S Liner
With two grandparents who can't get in the back of a 3 door, and one who can't get in the front, a 5 door was a must... Plus I like it.

Nice car, good spec!

Worth the wait? 7 months is a bit excessive, I thought the 6 I had to wait was a bit of a **** take. Audi really need to sort this out as cars can fundamentally change between ordering & receiving!

Last edited:
Great looking car m8y.

My 170 SB arrives in 5 weeks, I went for Phantom Black.

Will be fitting S3 side skirts and RNS-E once it arrives.

Beautiful car! Glad the wait is over for you, ..ENJOY!! :wub: xx

It's a beauty, enjoy. Pick my Ibis BE up tomorrow in the 3 door guise.

More to go on my list of wanted mods:

LED interior lights
Front parking sensors - are these retrofit-able? I never thought I needed parking sensors, but now that extra "yup, you're definitely okay" reassurance of the rear ones is rapidly becoming indispensable and I'm regretting not speccing it on the front too.

If you fit fronts you should have the Audi park plus system that then shows up on the RNSE . You need to ask nige about it.

Nice looking car, Ibis is growing on me!

I got my pedals at Audi, the clutch and brake pedals were £12 each, the big accelerator though was £75!

It's a really great colour - I think it suits the car so well, and it's a lovely bright colour... I know it's my own car, but it really is a combination of black+white that you pick out of a line of cars. I've had a couple of people genuinely shocked when I told them it wasn't pearlescant or even metallic.

I've been getting jealous looks off men (and women, for that matter) 3 times my age, and I keep finding new toys every time I go out in it. I could maybe do with a bit more storage space, and my sunglasses case doesn't quite fit in the armrest.

£100 for the pedals doesn't sound too bad - not quite an impulse buy, but they're something I can live without for a while.

Nige = NHN, right? And I'm thinking T8UPS is the guy for LEDs?

Warren, just spotted your reply asking about whether it was worth the wait. Now it's here, I'd say yes she was worth every penny and every second... there were a few times though in the last half a year where I've thought "Should I just have got a Focus and had it here by October?" - especially since I've been car-less through the entire waiting period. Having done it once I wouldn't do it again, put it that way.

-----
To-do list at the moment (in approximate order)

Pressed plates
LED interior lights
Silver indicator bulbs
Front parking sensors
DAB radio (When needed or I have some spare cash)
Chrome Pedals (probably)
S3 skirts (maybe)
19" RS3 wheels (maybe)

Last edited:
It's a really great colour - I think it suits the car so well, and it's a lovely bright colour... I know it's my own car, but it really is a combination of black+white that you pick out of a line of cars. I've had a couple of people genuinely shocked when I told them it wasn't pearlescant or even metallic.

I've been getting jealous looks off men (and women, for that matter) 3 times my age, and I keep finding new toys every time I go out in it. I could maybe do with a bit more storage space, and my sunglasses case doesn't quite fit in the armrest.

£100 for the pedals doesn't sound too bad - not quite an impulse buy, but they're something I can live without for a while.

Nige = NHN, right? And I'm thinking T8UPS is the guy for LEDs?

Warren, just spotted your reply asking about whether it was worth the wait. Now it's here, I'd say yes she was worth every penny and every second... there were a few times though in the last half a year where I've thought "Should I just have got a Focus and had it here by October?" - especially since I've been car-less through the entire waiting period. Having done it once I wouldn't do it again, put it that way.

-----
To-do list at the moment (in approximate order)

Pressed plates
LED interior lights
Silver indicator bulbs
Front parking sensors
DAB radio (When needed or I have some spare cash)
Chrome Pedals (probably)
S3 skirts (maybe)
19" RS3 wheels (maybe)
Good to hear your getting looked at in your new Audi.
NHN is Nigel yes

very nice car

hopefully mine will look the same 3 weeks to go.
i wanted the quattro but they don't do it in a auto
i would defo go for the sideskirts. they really complete the car imho.

I just got almost the same car but got it in Misano red and asked them to put on last years Black Edition wheels, those rotary ones suit the white though, very nice.

Wow 7 months, im now incredibly pleased i went for the Audi demonstator!!!!! :)

Will put up pics of mine when I get a few minutes!

Let us know if you plan to sell this as I just missed out on an identical car on sale... So gutted

If you're still looking in 5 years, maybe - After 3,600 miles I'm still far too much in love, I'd rather sell my grandmother. (Who is, in fact, available for a very reasonable price. Makes a cracking apple crumble, too.)

She's not quite spotless anymore, though :( a tiny-but-I-notice-it stone chip in the bonnet and a slight "graze" on the passenger side mirror from getting too friendly with a wall. She's also in desperate need of a proper clean - a thousand in 5 days on mostly rainy motorways has left her slightly less than white.

Here's mine......It was love at first sight.

audi-rs3-hatchback-2-5t-fsi-rs3-quattro-5dr-s-tronic-2100943089-640x480.jpg

Didn't spot your reply, beautiful motor you've got there. I've don't quite "get" the rotor wheels in the two colours, but the rest of yours looks superb though... I love the honeycomb and the RS3 is just that bit more aggressive without looking daft. Nice black accents - I'm half considering a couple of the differences but I dislike people overly dressing one car up to look like one higher up the range. A few of the best bits, but I think people would notice mine was a diesel :(

Anyway, who needs aggressive styling when you've got anti-peasant DRLs.

Last edited: