Black wheels + black roof?

red or dead

Reaction score
325.jpg

Sorry but couldn't seem to write below my pic!

I was thinking about getting my wheels powder coated black and my roof wrapped black, what do you think?

I'm not sure if the wheels are too small and will look stupid and everyone at work is calling me a chav for suggesting I should get the roof wrapped in black!

Comments appreciated.

Michael.

Wheels look fine to me. I personally think it would look good. Good thing about wrap is it u don't like it it's easy to remove!

i say no to both. looks to chavy i think these days. looks nice now bro.

i say no to both. looks to chavy i think these days. looks nice now bro.

Thanks for the quick replys everyone.

warrenlord I too think it looks ok how it is now but I look at some of the pics on here and they stand out and look miles better than mine! I wouldn't mind doing some subtle mods to make it look a bit more "special". any suggestions?

if your wanting a subtle change how about a optics (black) grill and front badge?

if your wanting a subtle change how about a optics (black) grill and front badge?

Do you mean changing the front chrome bits to black? TBH I think the front is the best looking bit of the car! Have you got any links to a pic of this done? thanks jungleman.

No worries,

yeah i too reckon a black optics grill, black rear audi badge, some MY11 or 09 rear lights and maybe the wheels in anthracite

it looks nice but with these additions i think it will be really smart mate. all the mods arnt break the bank mods either imo.

No worries,

yeah i too reckon a black optics grill, black rear audi badge, some MY11 or 09 rear lights and maybe the wheels in anthracite

it looks nice but with these additions i think it will be really smart mate. all the mods arnt break the bank mods either imo.

I have been thinking about the rear lights, It's not the price I'm worried about, it's convincing the wife that it's worth the money!lol
I'm thinking if I do the badges black but not the wheels, won't it look a bit odd? I've got a guy at work that can spray anything I need spraying for free in any colour I want as long as it's not too much work getting it off the car. I've had some bad experiences trying to do just the smallest of mods, I am totally useless when it comes to cars!

oooh i wana see that photoshopped with a black roof, been considering having mine done, its too much red!!

This might not help much in making up your mind since you drive a red A3 and i drive a ibis Q3, but i got matte black wheels and roof.

vacnhadeland.JPG

As above pic with black mirrors & front rings ... lower & remove mud flaps.

As requested...

rededit2-1.jpg

Black rings, lowered, black mirrors and mud flaps removed! :thumbsup:

I think it looks nice :wub:

Last edited:
now.... just joking!

now thats looking quality!! there you go red or dead thats the way it should be looking imho

cheers fella!! this is the only one ive got so far with the roof on show...i cant link in from facebook on here can i?

hmmmm, im a bit undecided about that

cheers fella!! this is the only one ive got so far with the roof on show...i cant link in from facebook on here can i?

hmmmm, im a bit undecided about that

Get it at another angle and ill black it again.
i think it look nice, sets it off. not sure if it goes with the silver mirrors though.

I swap your mirrors with mine and you give me £50 :p

im liking that mate well done , how did you do that on photoshop was it , i want to do a few things like that on mine (with photoshop)

Cheers Fran,

I've used Photoshop for years, once you get used to the layers and functions its a very powerful programme. :readit:

To make things black its mainly desaturate then adjust the brightness and contrast.

To lower it i had to split the image into two parts; then merge them but at a lower angle from the wheels then blend in
the grass so it looked natural.

I could of pained the wheels a little better but they were a bit rushed. :happy:

If you want stuff doing to your car just post a pic with all your requests.

Did you see the calliper thread with all the different colours I did:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/118331-brake-colours.html#post1237542

Still waiting for slade777 to post a better pic of his wheels for me to colour his brakes!!!

ah yeah i need to learn how to use programs like that lol ,yeah saw the brake thread top work mate looks very good might have to post a pic of my car to get you to do some things to it haha but in the pic i commented on you have near enough done it for me i wanted to see what my car would look like with the s-line front end and there it is lol

Anthracite rims all day long, but don't do the roof. Leave it red :laugh:
yep agreed used to like black roof's but have gone off them now keep it red be proud to drive a red audi i am lol

Last edited:
As requested...

rededit2-1.jpg

Black rings, lowered, black mirrors and mud flaps removed! :thumbsup:

I think it looks nice :wub:

Thanks engineer, that does look good!

Might have to start the work on payday, although I think I could get my mate to spray some of the bits for free.

i also have a red a3, and have plans of a black roof and black rims! DO IT! ive already done my mirrors and grill black, it looks 10 times better!!