Personal registration numbers

NickC84

Reaction score
Ordered one for my new 14' reg A3 this morning. How many others have them? Reading up on the process and transfers etc. Seem straight forward enough

Yeah, I have one. I've had it for years. It "almost" spells my surname so I'm fairly happy with it. I went to an auction for the plate that actually spells my surname but it sold for £10,500.

Yes I've had XX02YYY (not really X and Y but for security I've not put them there), and then same with 03, 10, 13 and now got 14 for the new A3. The first 2 letters are my wife's initials (she doesn't have a middle name poor thing!) and the last 3 are mine. At my age it helps to remember the registrations.

Yes I've got one on my motorbike. It spells my name.

AW61GJF which is what I changed my name to by deed poll. It seemed the cheapest way.

Reactions: Tommy Q, Pulp84, CL4RKY and 3 others
I have a few. Better investment than the interest you will get from money in the bank.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Started with SAY 2 for £100 in 1972, a lot of money was £100 in 1972 - a brand new Lotus Europa in kit form was £1476 delivered; got tired of SAY 2, sold it, at a profit obviously, and went for 4-number and one letter registrations: got THREE of those and all are worth more £££s now, and far more fun, than leaving money in the BS. Here's two of 'em:
P1000115mod_zps32e1d049.jpg

I used newreg . Com
Bought it from there and they deal with everything. Think the reg was 299 and ended up about 380 odd iirc for arrangement etc.

A guy by me used to have 'S3 WOW' on a stunning 8L S3. He now has a Porsche GT3 with the plate 'GT03 BRO'. Then his dad drives around in a baby blue Aventador with '15 AW'. Some people have way to much money. To say I'm not slightly jealous is an understatement.

My neighbour owns a C63 AMG with the plate C63AMG I dread to think what that cost.....

Probably not as much as you think ... but he's rather pushed himself into
1. never changing his car
2. selling it with the car or
3. staying with that model and hoping that Merc don't drop the model!

Probably not as much as you think ... but he's rather pushed himself into
1. never changing his car
2. selling it with the car or
3. staying with that model and hoping that Merc don't drop the model!

Well he changes cars every 6 months, so I don't think it's an investment. He's got a new GT3RS at the moment, not sure if he got rid of the Merc for it though.

just putting mine on retention so i can stick it on my new A3 when it arrives next month :)

I've had GT55 GEE for a few years now. My initials and my nickname that everyone I know calls me. Only cost £249 so nothing really. I bought my wife LT02 LOU for her 40th earlier this year and got that at a bargain price of £499, already had it valued at £1200 so not a bad investment! Bought them both from dvla as that was the cheapest place all in.

We've got two, one is on retention and that'll go on my S3 before the end of this year. I have had that plate for 15 years now, bought it for £750 and had it valued at £5,000 last time I was tempted to sell it. The other is on our boxster gts. Nothing too special, mines fishing related and my wife's a GP, so as a present I got her something related to that a few years ago. Our plates are legal, i.e. numbers and letters all spaced correctly, unlike everyone else these days - makes me wonder how they get away with it?!

Mine is SxxREB which is my initials. I bought it for £250 from DVLA in 1998 when I bought my first new BMW. It's now on retention ready for my new S3 next month which will be the 7th car I've had it on.