MMI Navigation Plus, new versions maps

Depending on when your car was built (I think sept 13 was starting date) you will have first 6 half yearly updates for free...

Have a search on the other threads as this question has definitely been clarified before now.

Although I would say that if it is letting you download an update now you have probably answered your own question....???

Depending on when your car was built (I think sept 13 was starting date) you will have first 6 half yearly updates for free...

Have a search on the other threads as this question has definitely been clarified before now.

Although I would say that if it is letting you download an update now you have probably answered your own question....???

... till when a will be able to download for free ?.. (my car was build feb 14) so a can expect be able to download more 5 times (3 years)....thanks

You can download as often as you want, but you'll only get access to the next 5 updates.

I'm downloading the latest update now onto a USB stick (after formatting it as FAT32), will see how that goes.

Well, the car is updating at the moment. 28% so far, imagine it'll resume when I go home again, and then tomorrow too... going to take a while!

yes mine resumed this morning ok, but as most of my journey's are less that 15 mins it will also take its time.

My journey to work each mornings is 45mins plus so had no problem get the update sorted in one journey... I guess each time it resumes it has some sort of lag where it catches up with the progress so can take a bit longer.

My suggestion - you have a nice car, find a nice 45 mins journey on some country lanes that you can enjoy and let it update in full ;-)

My commute is 30 mins, would have thought it would get further than that then! Did you download the whole update, or just the UK one?

Mine was the whole package and unfortunately I do not have the time until the weekend to do a longer journey...

I'm not too fussed - I don't really need my USB stick for anything else at the moment, so it'll just sit in the car connected up to the AMI until it's done.

Its incredibly stingy of Audi. They have to update the maps anyway for new cars, competing services (google, apple maps, etc) are real time accurate at all times, and you've just laid out 30k+. 3 years of map updates and service guarantee on a very expensive option... sigh. Car manufacturers. They're not your friends.

Not sure what you are saying there, as far as I'm concerned the free map updates for my A3 are 5 times the zero ones they provided for my Ford...

Reactions: JohnM100
It'll go that way eventually as they realise that the free and always up to date sat navs are taking over, they'll have to do something to keep up. The 5 free updates is a good step forwards as it is. As it stands though, Audi pay a lot of money no doubt for the map data or licence to use it, so they'll want to recoup some of that.

Yup, mine seems to have got further than it reported this morning, and combined with a drive home with lots of traffic jams, mine is done too. Neat update system, hadn't realised this morning that the icon you get while it's updating also serves as a progress bar, which is pretty cool.

It'll go that way eventually as they realise that the free and always up to date sat navs are taking over, they'll have to do something to keep up. The 5 free updates is a good step forwards as it is. As it stands though, Audi pay a lot of money no doubt for the map data or licence to use it, so they'll want to recoup some of that.

With connect and the option for google maps, won't we always have up to date maps available though??? I haven't used the google maps though so could be wrong....

There isn't a 'google maps' feature, it's 'google earth'. It overlays satellite imagery onto the map, it doesn't use the google map data.

New version:

20140616_203903.jpg

I updated the whole EU map(about 17GB) through usbdisk. XFAT filesystem.
Worked fine. But I noticed that if I copy it to another location it did not work!? I just downloaded it straight to the usbdisk and that worked fine. But not first to the computer and copy it to the disk or to SD card. Don't know why.

The download took about 2h and the upgrade it self about 1h.
Hi
Where did you get the files downloaded? my.audi.com does not have an option to do so!
Thank you
Petros

New version:

20140616_203903.jpg

I updated the whole EU map(about 17GB) through usbdisk. XFAT filesystem.
Worked fine. But I noticed that if I copy it to another location it did not work!? I just downloaded it straight to the usbdisk and that worked fine. But not first to the computer and copy it to the disk or to SD card. Don't know why.

The download took about 2h and the upgrade it self about 1h.
Hi
Where did you get the files downloaded? my.audi.com does not have an option to do so!
Thank you
Petros

Hi
Is it a way to send me the update files in a usb flash or somehow??

Hi
Is it a way to send me the update files in a usb flash or somehow??

If you car is capable of having its maps updated then you'd be able to download them via MyAudi yourself. If you can't download them then the car doesn't support it anyway so the files won't help.

I can see no "service" option at all. It's not capable matter but the agreement, the AUDI of my country, has got. So thats why I asked for these files or else I have to buy the updates!

I know the option to download maps has only been added fairly recently. Not sure if it comes with the Connect option or whether all Tech Pack cars have it now - I know my early Tech Pack equipped car has no option to download new maps but the new one will.

I know the option to download maps has only been added fairly recently. Not sure if it comes with the Connect option or whether all Tech Pack cars have it now - I know my early Tech Pack equipped car has no option to download new maps but the new one will.

I don't have connect but I have the technology pack. I managed to download the maps no problem. You need to make sure you have the right Adobe download programme on your PC

What do you mean "the right Adobe download programme" ? What program is that for? And then the "SERVICE" appears in my menu?

Updates for Tech Pack maps are not available if your car was built before a certain build week in 2013. Cehck the link above in veeeight's post for full details. My car is one of those early builds, and my maps were updated at the dealers a few months ago as a routine software update.

I don't have connect but I have the technology pack. I managed to download the maps no problem. You need to make sure you have the right Adobe download programme on your PC

That may be but unfortunately the map download option wasn't available to start with so if you have an early car you're out of luck, even if you have the Tech Pack.

EDIT: Too slow, mjcourtney beat me to it :)

Incidentally, as my entire MMI unit was replaced earlier this year and also has the latest software on it, I've often wondered whether it's actually a newer unit that's capable of receiving map updates. Of course the MyAudi thing doesn't know this and so doesn't offer the option so I can't download them anyway.

Of course the MyAudi thing doesn't know this and so doesn't offer the option so I can't download them anyway.

You could get someone else to download it for you and pop it onto a SD card, and see if your 5F unit will accept it ;)

Reactions: mjcourtney
Can be ***** :) New car arriving in a week or two :D

Reactions: veeeight
Correct me if I am mistaken, but no-one has suggested there is a new map available have they? The latest one is Europe 2014/2015 although I dont know how old that is 'cos my car is only 6 weeks old.

That probably is the latest one, but the first A3s in 2012 had Europe 2011/12 loaded, and its these that will need updating

Reactions: pauly69