EM TuningJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: S3 400+ mile range club

1st Gear

Status

S3 400+ mile range club

Just filled up with Shell V Power Nitro and the fuel range is 400 miles, i have seen 440 miles too when i filled up a few weeks ago.

Anyone else a member?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I struggle getting 400 miles on my 1.8tfsi!
    Audi A3 Sportback S line 1.8 TFSI S tronic - Scuba Blue
    Technology package - High with Audi Connect/Interior lighting package/Driver assistance package/Light and rain sensor package/Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with variable range control/Advanced key/Aluminum roof rails/Audi pre sense/Auto-dimming rear-view mirror/Bang & Olufsen/Door mirrors-dimming, electrically adjustable,folding and heated/Heated seats/Audi side assist/Audi active lane assist/Rear side airbags/Tyre pressure loss indicator

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Andy1608's Youtube Channel
    Think you need to rename this, light right foot club really lol

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow oufc1976 On Twitter
    I'm pleased if I get 450 from my 2.0 TDi. You sure it's working?? ;-)
    TDI-line likes this.
    8V A3 Saloon 2.0 TDi S-Line. Daytona Grey. SD Sat Nav. Privacy Glass.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andywil13 View Post
    I struggle getting 400 miles on my 1.8tfsi!
    Same here!
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy1608 View Post
    Think you need to rename this, light right foot club really lol
    LMAO
    Current 12 plate VW Golf GTi ed35 DSG, 3dr Candy White, Leather, Lux, Adaptive Suspension, Parking Sensors

Ordered S3 STronic 31/3/14, BW26 then BW25 Now BW23, Its Here!!! pick up 10/6, Glacier White, Black Styling, Privacy Glass, Comfort Pack (cruise and rear sensors) Folding Mirrors, Advanced Key, ASS, Interior Light Pack, 4 year Warranty.

3rd Gear

Status
    I've filled up my S3 ten times using vPower and have got 2,600 miles on the clock.
    Thats the reality if you drive it like it should be driven.
    warren_S5 likes this.

Neutral

Status
    That sounds ok Craigl, about what I was expecting, currently getting similar in my Golf Gti ed35.
    I agree drive em hard and enjoy it thats the point of having a hot hatch imo
    Current 12 plate VW Golf GTi ed35 DSG, 3dr Candy White, Leather, Lux, Adaptive Suspension, Parking Sensors

Ordered S3 STronic 31/3/14, BW26 then BW25 Now BW23, Its Here!!! pick up 10/6, Glacier White, Black Styling, Privacy Glass, Comfort Pack (cruise and rear sensors) Folding Mirrors, Advanced Key, ASS, Interior Light Pack, 4 year Warranty.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ColMariner View Post
    That sounds ok Craigl, about what I was expecting, currently getting similar in my Golf Gti ed35.
    I agree drive em hard and enjoy it thats the point of having a hot hatch imo
    Driving a hot hatch hard is ok in the right circumstances, ie on a track which is why i go to the Nurburgring. On the roads here i'm in no hurry to get where i'm going.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audimad View Post
    Driving a hot hatch hard is ok in the right circumstances, ie on a track which is why i go to the Nurburgring. On the roads here i'm in no hurry to get where i'm going.
    Each to there own fella, thats what makes life interesting, as long as you enjoy it and I don't end up sat behind you on an intresting stretch of A/B road doing 56!!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by oufc1976 View Post
    Bah, got 600 from mine recently - I think 700 is possible too, I may try that one day!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ColMariner View Post
    Each to there own fella, thats what makes life interesting, as long as you enjoy it and I don't end up sat behind you on an intresting stretch of A/B road doing 56!!
    ACC set at 60 not 56, lol.

Neutral

Status
    ACC set at 60 not 56, lol.
    My mistake you Wildman lol
    Artimus, RobH_S3 and MA3RC like this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow oufc1976 On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson:2134257
    Quote Originally Posted by oufc1976 View Post
    Bah, got 600 from mine recently - I think 700 is possible too, I may try that one day!
    600! Awesome
    8V A3 Saloon 2.0 TDi S-Line. Daytona Grey. SD Sat Nav. Privacy Glass.

6th Gear

Status
    It was an excessive amount of motorway driving on that tank though!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Doing a lot of motorway work at the moment and nearly got to 400 miles myself.

Eco and Cruise and Shell Nitro plus.
    Audimad likes this.

2nd Gear

Status

Oh congratulations you've got the moral high ground.

and that's a bit of a trek if you fancy a "not so" quick blast.
    2013 Glacier White S3 Sportback S-Tronic

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH_S3 View Post

It will take about 5 days to drive to the Nurburgring trying to get 400 miles out of the tank.
    One day fun driving, then a snooze cruise home again.
    Good times........

2nd Gear

Status
    Although there appears to be a lot of hate for milking miles out of an S3, you've got to respect that you can get 400 miles out of a tank when on a boring drive.

I tried milking my 8P on the last tank i put in, was going really well range stating 300 miles left after doing 60, got bored after this and ended up getting 270 out of it haha. Shows that the new 8V can be significantly better on fuel if you want it to be in comparison to the 8P though.
    Current:
    8P2 S3 Phantom Black | Sunroof, RNS-E, AMI, FBMFSW, Bluetooth, Auto lights & wipers, CHL, LED Interior light pack, Black Styling pack, Miltek Catback, MY11 rear lights and remapped by Unicorn Motor Developments

Previous:
    8P2 A3 2.0 TDI 170 S Line Quattro Grey | Remapped
    8L A3 1.9 Tdi 100 Sport Black | Remapped to 130

2nd Gear

Status
    i didnt realise when i bout an S3 others got to choose my driving style!

drive it how you want to.

the whole point of a hot hatch is that its meant to be flexible. family car one minute fast car the next. how much each of use choose to do is their call, they pay for the thing
    PilotAudi, Artimus and Ashmcblue like this.

Status
    Is it right this thread even exists! 400 miles; did you buy the wrong car ;-)
    Audimad, s3_trev and ColMariner like this.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Banned

Status
    Well put Kenny, if I start getting 440 miles out of a tank of fuel on my S3 on a regular basis I'd be thinking of selling it and buying a Diesel as I clearly will not be enjoying the performance!

1st Gear

Status
    Managed a huge 31mpg on the 100 mile drive today.

Exploring the grip levels...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH_S3 View Post

No need for sarcasm!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    It will take about 5 days to drive to the Nurburgring trying to get 400 miles out of the tank.
    One day fun driving, then a snooze cruise home again.
    Good times........
    Have you ever been to the Nurburgring?

3rd Gear

Status
    Have you ever been to the Nurburgring?
    No.

1st Gear

Status
    No.
    Thought not.

1st Gear

Status
    Might give it a go some time, maybe a full hypermiling attempt to see what I can get. Strange as it is, but I love a challenge, both trying the launch control or seeing just how fast you can go in 3rd gear to seeing how good the mpg can be.

But respect in getting 400 in a tank out of the s3, shows its possible to get some half decent mpg from a 300ps car
    Audimad likes this.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

3rd Gear

Status
    Thought not.
    Clairvoyance one of your many talents.

6th Gear

Status
    There is a hell of difference between the fuel range and what you actually get. If it were the same then my car should be capable of 800+ miles...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

3rd Gear

Status
    my S3 mpg has stagnated. 19.8mpg 600 miles in.
    GNJ_Motorsport likes this.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    my S3 mpg has stagnated. 19.8mpg 600 miles in.
    Glad you are driving it properly! ;-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Just filled up with Shell V Power Nitro and the fuel range is 400 miles, i have seen 440 miles too when i filled up a few weeks ago.

Anyone else a member?
    Id be ashamed to admit it if I was. Also, thats one seriously cool profile pic uve got there! Perfect match for your driving style it would seem. Anyway, catch you later speedy, Im away to watch a fish climb a tree here then make a post about it.
    ColMariner likes this.

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / LOBA HPFP / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

1st Gear

Status
    Clairvoyance one of your many talents.
    Sarcasm one of yours.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3_trev View Post
    Id be ashamed to admit it if I was. Also, thats one seriously cool profile pic uve got there! Perfect match for your driving style it would seem. Anyway, catch you later speedy, Im away to watch a fish climb a tree here then make a post about it.
    Pic updated just for you.
    s3_trev likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Boys racers and petrol heads should stop reading now as you won't like this.

On my way to work with the ACC set at 60mph the fuel comp came up with 43.0mpg. Yes i was not in a rush, who is on their way to work.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3_trev View Post
    I'd be ashamed to admit if i had any points on my licence but i have NONE and i never have.

3rd Gear

Status
    On the Nurburgring and economical car thing, personally I think the S3 is a flawed choice.

I don't do track days, but if I did I'd be doing them in something that drives far better than a S3.
    I don't care about an economical car, but if I did I'd be doing it in something completely different to a S3.

If I had economical/track day priorities I'd have a cheap diesel runaround daily that will be more economical and also a Lotus Exige or similar for those track days.

Your current solution is a car that's not brilliant at either of the things you have prioritised and a bit of a compromise I feel.
    I'd advocate having two cars and getting the perfect blend. We only live once!

Just my tuppence. No sarcasm included.
    PilotAudi and the_lecht_rocks like this.

Neutral

Status
    I average 28mph on my way to work (through no fault of my own, other people tend to drive slow on that road) and can barely crack 27-28mpg doing that. It doesnt bother me but I dont get how people manage to get in the 40s!

saying that its not much different when it's pushing on a bit on a clearer road, maybe I need to adjust my commute so I can put my foot down more.

1st Gear

Status
    On the Nurburgring and economical car thing, personally I think the S3 is a flawed choice.

I don't do track days, but if I did I'd be doing them in something that drives far better than a S3.
    I don't care about an economical car, but if I did I'd be doing it in something completely different to a S3.

If I had economical/track day priorities I'd have a cheap diesel runaround daily that will be more economical and also a Lotus Exige or similar for those track days.

Your current solution is a car that's not brilliant at either of the things you have prioritised and a bit of a compromise I feel.
    I'd advocate having two cars and getting the perfect blend. We only live once!

Just my tuppence. No sarcasm included.
    Only want one car, so S3 is a perfect balance. Relatively economical yet fun when you want; its flexibility suits my requirements perfectly.
    PilotAudi and Ashmcblue like this.
    Arrived: MY14 S3 Sportback (Ordered 4th Jan, build week 12 (was 13), collected 23rd April), Manual, Monsoon Grey, Black Alcantara, LED Headlights, Interior Light Pack, Comfort Pack, Audi Sound System, ACC, Parking System Plus, Tech Pack, Electronic Folding & Heated Mirrors, Through Load

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast