Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By h5djr

Thread: Audi S3 8V aluminium footrest

Reverse Gear

Status

Smile Audi S3 8V aluminium footrest

Hi there,
    This is my first post as a new member.
    I am waiting for my new S3 sport back to arrive for me to pick it up on the 8th of March. I was wondering whether the UK sped S3's come with an aluminium footrest. I have see some conflicting pictures on euro spec cars that indeed do have there. Any of you guys who have picked yours up already, could you please confirm. If they dont, then can these be bought as an accessorie.

Thanks in advance

By the way, the waiting is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I don't think it's available for RHD cars. Could be wrong though.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Mention of the aluminium footrest for the S3 has been removed from the latest February 2013 Price and Specification Guide and the only one listed in the parts catalogue is for LHD. There is nothing listed at all for RHD.
    warren_S5 likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have a RHD without the alu footrest...thought it was an ommission until I saw this thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    Gotta say, then that is pants as the LHD drive does look like the more finished car

6th Gear

Status
    The footrest in the RHD is a lot smaller I think because of the proximity of the central console, so the plate wouldn't fit on it. Could always get a custom one done somewhere I bet for not too much, on a laser or hydro cutter.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Banned

Status
    I am too busy enjoying driving to be bothered with adornments!

1st Gear

Status

Audi S3 8V aluminium footrest

The foot rest (otherwise referred to as "dead pedal") is only available on LHD cars. This is simply due to lack of space on the centre console side of the driver'a footwell.

There are people selling stainless steel dead pedal plates for pre-MBQ cars on eBay and companies like OSIR also sell them. No doubt they will become available for the new shape S3 in time as these cars become more common and companies can borrow customer vehicles to take measurements and test fit.
    Audi 8V S3 s-tronic
    Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloy wheels | LED headlights
    Super sports seats | mono.pur
    | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior LEDs
    Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reversing Camera
    ACC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headlight assist | Privacy glass | TPMS
    LTE data by EE | Paint protection by Gtechniq | more to come...

1st Gear

Status
    They don't look like they would fit to be honest :/ This one looks more appropriately shaped:
    VW GOLF MK7 PLAIN FOOTREST R32 TURBO EXCLUSIVE WITH BLACK RUBBER BACKING | eBay

Even so, looks a bit gash and no way am I drilling the plastic when sticky pads would more than do the job.
    Audi 8V S3 s-tronic
    Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloy wheels | LED headlights
    Super sports seats | mono.pur
    | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior LEDs
    Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reversing Camera
    ACC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headlight assist | Privacy glass | TPMS
    LTE data by EE | Paint protection by Gtechniq | more to come...