S3 8vsportback black panther RS6 C7 19 inch alloys from south of France

fredp06

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I'm a french reader of your forum, from the south of France
There is more discussion here than on the frenchs forums for the S or RS models
Here is the car i bought at the Audi Wattford center in décember 2013
Of course the car is LHD
The color is panther black crystal effect, the interior is in black nappa leather with grey lunar stitching
The optionnal equipments are
4F2Advanced key
2H7Audi Magnetic Ride
7X2Audi Parking System Plus
7W1Audi pre sense basic
9VSBang & Olufsen sound system
WBIComfort package
8T2Cruise control
6XKDoor mirrors – auto-dimming on the driver's side, electrically adjustable, folding and heated
3L5Electrically-adjustable front seats
7P1Electric lumbar support
7HEExtended mono.pur interior finish
UH2Hold assist
QQ4Interior lighting package
PX7LED headlights
3FBPanoramic glass sunroof
VW1Privacy glass
KA2Reversing camera
WB4Technology package with Mobile telephone preparation - High with Audi Connect
3NUThrough-load facility
7K1Tyre pressure loss indicator
I've changed the 18" inches alloys in 7,5 ET51, with new RS6 c7 19 inches in 8,5 ET 47 at the front and ET43 at the rear

The tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sport in 235/35/19 91Y

The car is now perfect

Here is some pictures

Here is the car for its first dayt at Audi Wattford

Reactions: THQuattro, vakaviti, andy203 and 6 others
Welcome mate
Your car is looking good, and good choice on the wheels !!

That's stunning, if ever there were proof needed that Audi should've offered 19s on the 8V that's it. Even the saloon 19s would look great on the 3dr/SB I reckon.

I'm so glad others are changing to 19's. You wouldn't believe the s**t my dealer has given my for changing to 19's on the 8P, and when the 8V came out with 18's AGAIN, I took a Vauxhall brochure in to show them you can spec 20's on an Astra GTC VXR. What is it with Audi and limiting the wheel options on their cars. They are costing themselves money (in terms of not selling a 19 option), and then forcing people to go their own route which brings it's own flavour of issues.

Apologies, rant over (it's something I'm very passionate about!), what a great looking car, especially with the new wheels. If you don't mind me asking, what drives a person from the South of France to buy a car in Watford?! - And welcome to ASN!

Agreed the 19's really do set the car off a treat.

Those pics are testament to that.

Car looks superb.

Bonjour Fred... vachement bien eh ;-)

We get ours on Saturday and take to France Wednesday.... Yippee. Nous habitons a 22000 en Bretagne

Thank you very much
I've bought this car, and my last S3 8p stronic 2010, at Audi Watford because when you're in the Euro (money zone) it's very interresting to buy a car in £
I saved 30% with doing like that
PilotAudi welcome in France
And for the 19" that 's why i've done the presentation on this forum because i've seen you're very interrested on it and it's better to see it on real pictures

Salut Fred et bienvenue ;)

How about MOT or France's equivalent "the contrôle Technique"? I mean where i live this would be considered tuning and it would fail its MOT… as 19" rims aren't homologated for the (non-saloon) S3.

If you don't mind me asking, what drives a person from the South of France to buy a car in Watford?! - And welcome to ASN!

Short answer: Price …

the cost of the S3 in France is very high compared to the UK.

Now maybe you meant why go to Watford specifically ?

The balance between euro/£ is very attractive for european citizen...
If i can buy the same car with 15/20.000 euros of discount i do it and i don't need anything else to take my decision :)
For the "controle technique" i d'ont think there is a problem, but in fact it's only before the 4th year of the car, and i don't keep my cars more thant 2 ou 3 years...
But i keep the genuine wheels at home, and so i can put it on the car if there is a problem with it
In fact i took my car at the Audi repair store today and they don't see i've changed my wheels
And i've asked my insurance, with the German TUV homologation that ABT gives for the A38v
It's written 19' wheels and so my insurance said ok

Last edited:
Reactions: s33nyboy12 and Battlekrapz
Ok i've understood
Because Watford is specialized for the export taxfree and LHD cars

Reactions: warren_S5
That looks fantastic! I've been looking at those alloys, albeit in 18inch. Are they genuine ones or replicas from the likes of ebay.

I presume there are no issues with the wheels catching on the arches etc??

I also think I'll sell the ugly ones Audi put on my car and get myself a set the same as yours Fred but in 18" … for winter.

They look superb in 19" !

Merci mec. Et 17in ??? Merde

Reactions: Battlekrapz
These :(

They're horrid and I'm so ashamed to drive on these:

2865 3

Welcome fredp06 - fantastic car!

What part of the south of France are you from?

Oh Mr krapz they are early 8p sport in uk... Mrs had them on her 2003 8 p 3dt

You do agree they're not the best looking on an s3 ;).

I'm loving those wheels. They're my favourite Audi wheels at the moment.

I may even go shopping myself ;)

Reactions: Mark_R, PilotAudi and Battlekrapz
Your car looks amazing fredp06!!! Those wheels complete the look i cant stop staring at the pictures haha im going to have to get myself a set of 19inch wheels now thanks alot

Ive just ordered the same but in 18 inch.

Merci pour les photos Fred, ça m'a motivé a mort pour commander!

Reactions: Mark_R and PilotAudi
Looks fantastic mate!

Curious as to why you went with different offsets for the rears?

My guess is so that the back wheel is flush with the wheel arch, otherwise it would stick inwards slightly.

I think the lower the ET the more outwards the alloy will go... correct me if i'm mistaken (?).

Hey mate. These are the polished gun wheels from LD right? Not the polished black?

I'd say (if u look closely) that those are gunmetal not black...

The dealer insist that with ET43 at the rear its better because with ET47 it will be too much in the arches...
I don't think that 4 mm will change something (in bad or good) so i let it like that...

Seriously interested in getting some 19in rims for theS3 SB if they are OEM and ok with the insurer. If that works will keep the 18s for winter tyres .

Reactions: warren_S5
Which to be honest wouldn't bother me - so long as they were good ones and not cheap Chinese junk

The RS6 OEM rims will be the wrong offset I would presume (but I don't know) - historically though the RS6/RS4 rims were not transferrable across the range - due to fitment unless you wanted the tractor look :laugh:

The OEM RS6 rims would be massive. They're 20x9.5. I don't even know if that would fit the S3 without fender work.

Those are replicas guys, but good quality ones. I checked out this company before ordering and they're well known in France and legit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Louay