Getting the dealer to fit different wheels before collection

Migwire

Reaction score
Has anyone had the dealer supply and fit a different set of wheels before collecting their car?

Mine gets built on Monday, so far too late to change it now, but I'm not particularly struck on the standard sport wheel. Was thinking of asking the dealer if they could fit the CJ1 alloy for me. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, any idea what they charge? Guessing it won't be the £250 quoted in the brochure?

Has anyone had the dealer supply and fit a different set of wheels before collecting their car?

Mine gets built on Monday, so far too late to change it now, but I'm not particularly struck on the standard sport wheel. Was thinking of asking the dealer if they could fit the CJ1 alloy for me. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, any idea what they charge? Guessing it won't be the £250 quoted in the brochure?

sent you a pm

They're the alloys I've added to my sport order. Picking up 1st March.. I'll upload some pics if you like?

Cheers, emailed dealer this morning and this is what they said,

" Unfortunately Audi don’t allow wheels to be swapped as that would remove any warranty should there be an issue with them."

Not quite sure how an Audi dealer, fitting Audi wheels invalidates the warranty, but I'll remember that next winter when they try and flog me their winter wheel and tyre package!

" Unfortunately Audi don’t allow wheels to be swapped as that would remove any warranty should there be an issue with them."

Not quite sure how an Audi dealer, fitting Audi wheels invalidates the warranty, but I'll remember that next winter when they try and flog me their winter wheel and tyre package!

Sounds like a load of BS to me. If you change the wheels for Audi wheels, that are A3 compatible, with the same offset, same size then it would not invalidate the warranty. Winter tyres is a good example.

If you are still interested in changing them for CJ1 then you could buy them from the parts department and get the tyres changed.

Still want to buy your old 17" rims :whistle2:

Well if I do that you'll get first refusal.

Not sure what a new set of cj1 wheels costs though?

They're talking BS, how can they sell you a wheel as an accessory then invalidate your warranty. There are option for every model on the configurator that the dealer fit; I'm having Audi valve caps and a boot liner. No mention of warranty invalidation from my dealer. These days it's the default answer as they want zero liability; they make me sick.

I had a quote for some alloys for winter use from Audi and they were about £230 each excluding tyres. So it could be pricey to replace all 4.

According to the ETKA parts catalogue the CJ1 17" alloys wheels are listed at £384.77 each. Of course a dealer may be happy to offer a discount on a set of four. The CH2 design alloys are slightly cheaper at £354.88 each.

According to the ETKA parts catalogue the CJ1 17" alloys wheels are listed at £384.77 each. Of course a dealer may be happy to offer a discount on a set of four. The CH2 design alloys are slightly cheaper at £354.88 each.

Ouch! The dealer doesn't seem to want to offer me them at all!

They were a £250 option.... Think I'll stick with standard 17's at that price