iPod

martyboy

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Hi guys, what's the setup for playing an old iPod, is there a way of playing and controlling it through the cars controls?
Cheers

At the moment I have an Harman Kardon system in my current car that allows me to have my iPod permanently connected in the glove box which keeps it fully charged and a little controller on the centre console and a small screen on my dash, and I love it!
Considering removing it and keeping it!

Yes, the iPod plugs into the car through the AMI socket in the centre arm rest.

Track info is displayed in the car and you have full control over the iPod using the car controls.

There are different cables required depending on the age of the iPod, but there are many topics on this so best do a search.

Reactions: martyboy
If it's an ipod classic you need to blue collared cable ! That's what I use due to can hold 160 GB of music. Perfekt 👌

If you want an official cable then a dealer is your best bet (about £30 from memory). However, there are plenty around on ebay which are cheaper and work just as well. The part number you need for the blue cable is 4F0 051 510 K. Here's one for about £10:

Audi Music Interface Cable to iPod same as 4F0051510K | eBay

If in future you upgrade your ipod to a newer version you'll need the red collared cable part number 4F0 051 510 R. And if you get a brand new iPhone 5 or lightning conenctor iPod then just don't ask..... because there is still no neat solution!

Tempted to get an iPod classic in order to load on our full iTunes library.

If you want an official cable then a dealer is your best bet (about £30 from memory). However, there are plenty around on ebay which are cheaper and work just as well. The part number you need for the blue cable is 4F0 051 510 K. Here's one for about £10:

Audi Music Interface Cable to iPod same as 4F0051510K | eBay

If in future you upgrade your ipod to a newer version you'll need the red collared cable part number 4F0 051 510 R. And if you get a brand new iPhone 5 or lightning conenctor iPod then just don't ask..... because there is still no neat solution!

Thanks again!
Cheeky Audi!!!

You usually get the blue collared cable on pickup.. Well I did but I also asked my dealer to throw in a red one also! You don't get any album artwork but you get all the track/album/artist info! I don't really mind it, it's only a picture I'm missing.. In my previous audi they were just labelled track 1, track 2 etc so it's a bonus :)

I've got 5000 odd songs on mine and is hasn't even touched the memory ! So much better than these little 8/16gbs :)