Monster MotorsportBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fanoe

Thread: VCDS coding

Reverse Gear

Status

VCDS coding

According to a buddy of mine, then VCDS coding on the 8V is not possible yet. Most of it supposedly locked.However according to this German page Stemei VCDS, then most things should be possible.Does anyone have any experience regarding what is possible?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Fanoe View Post
    According to a buddy of mine, then VCDS coding on the 8V is not possible yet. Most of it supposedly locked.However according to this German page Stemei VCDS, then most things should be possible.Does anyone have any experience regarding what is possible?
    Try having at look at this thread on the GTI Forum. The new GTI uses the same engines and many of the same electronics as the Audi A3 8V so many of the items may well work with it as well.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=260248.0
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    Yep, it works. I have carried out the following: - Changed the comfort indicators to 4 repetitions. - Enabled the Parking Sensor Display on the MMI. - Turned the rear lights on permanently as DRLs.
    Present - 8V S3 3 Door S3 S-Tronic. Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Folding & Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Bang & Olufsen, Comfort Pack with Cruise Control & Rear Parking Sensors, Reversible Boot Liner, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Non Smoking Pack, Hold Assist

Past "Highlights" - 2008 S3 (8P2), 2004 Alfa 147GTa, 1999 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo LE, 1994 Astra GSi 16v

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sounds great, going to have parking sensors retrofitted next week.Would also like to retrofit the retractable mirrors, but not sure about the coding?Danish taxation makes retrofitting good business ;-)

2nd Gear

Status
    I want the rear lights on permanently aswell.

Also want coming/leaving home lights activated if you know how?
    2013 Glacier White S3 Sportback S-Tronic

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Try having at look at this thread on the GTI Forum. The new GTI uses the same engines and many of the same electronics as the Audi A3 8V so many of the items may well work with it as well.http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=260248.0
    Thanks, will copy the coding and show it to my buddy, hopefully it will work.

Neutral

Status
    Is the coding of the Visual Parking Sensors available only if you ordered 7X2 or is it possible on the 7X1 option?Edit: Found myself according to stemei.de it is possible with just the rear sensors.
    Last edited by lloydie1994; 16th December 2013 at 01:27.
    2014 Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line Glacier White

Reverse Gear

Status
    Been reading about the VCDS possibilities for the Golf VII in the Golf GTI Forum, and they mention a code to access the central electronics menus. Is this also required on the A3, and if so, is it the same code (31347)?And does anyone know what coding is required if I retrofit the electrical retractable mirrors?
    A3 VBV likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Has anybody had any success with enabling TPM?
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.